This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

Let’s skip Thanksgiving and jump to Christmas. I mean doesn’t everyone do that anyway?

*Christmas Eve Morning*

I’m lying beneath the Christmas tree branches, counting the lights until the world I reside in slowly fades into something new and pure. You know that feeling I’m talking about. The feeling of deep relaxation, no school, no stress, and no obligations. Feeling like a child once again, I watched as the lights begin to dim on the hanging ornaments. Slowly, they brighten and my reflection in the red ornament begins to surface. This is my favorite ornament. When my grandparents were alive, we would spend Christmas Eve with them and hang red and blue ornaments on their 3ft tall tree. My granny would always have on a Christmas themed sweater, accessorized with red ornament earrings, and would have baked potato chip cookies fresh from the oven, upon our arrival. The first time she baked them we laughed and called her silly, haha! Now, they are a tradition in my family, because they are delicious and there was so much joy whenever she baked them. 

As the lights begin to dim again and my reflection fades, I decide it’s time to bake the cookies. I crush the chips and add the sugar, chocolate chips, and flour into the bowl, then begin shaping the cookies. After baking for ~11 min., I take them out of the oven to cool. As the cookies cool and begin to deflate, I hear my siblings running down the stairs. They know this smell. It’s the first smell that establishes today as Christmas eve:). 

I hope this encourages everyone to finish strong this semester because Christmas is right around the corner!! You’ll have all the time in the world to relax, watch Netflix, play in the snow, visit family, hang out with pets, and bake cookies! So, LET’S PUSH THROUGH THIS SEMESTER! 

To whoever wants the Potato Chip Cookie recipe:

Ingredients:

1 stick of melted unsalted butter 

½ cup of sugar

1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract

8 oz. (scant 2 cups) flour

2 oz. chopped pecans or chocolate chips

½ cup finely crushed potato chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350℉. 

2. Add butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended/creamy ~4min.

3. Add other ingredients. Blend well at low speed.

4. Shape cookies and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle sugar over the dough.

5. Bake until the cookies are light golden ~10-12 min.

6. Let cool for 5min. Then eat!

to be continued...
Morgan is a senior at the University of Mississippi. She is a Business Marketing major with an emphasis in Digital Marketing. Morgan is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ole Miss and was previously the Marketing Director. She is also a Campus Trendsetter for Her Campus. Morgan is also the Treasurer of the Student Marketing Association at the University.