This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By: Nadia Jeffries

I told myself when I got to Ole Miss that I was going to join a club or organization that meets my interests/hobbies. I mean, why not, this campus is way too big to not get involved in something, right? My roommate, Sarah (also a writer for Her Campus), told me about it while we getting to know one another as a person. I told her one of the things that I love to do is write and that’s when she brought the idea of me being one of the writers for Her Campus. I gave it some thought and realized that this would be a great opportunity for me, especially since it meets one of specialties. Now, I am one of the writers for Her Campus, an online magazine! I know it may not sound like a big idea, but I think otherwise. I’ll be doing one of the things I love to do, and it’ll be awesome for people to see some of the things I share online.

https://www.pexels.com/photo/gold-pen-on-journal-book-745760/ 

I am actually proud of myself for willing to take a chance to stand out. Her Campus will be the platform for me to have a voice and hopefully even give people ideas and thoughts about everyday life. One of my goals is to inspire people and this can be one of the ways I can do that!