This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

Ever feel like your hair is out to get you? Always frizzy, never soft? Okay, well same. My hair tends to be excessively uncooperative, especially when it gets cold out. It’s brittle and tangled, and it frizzes up when I brush or straighten it. It’s always a mess, and of course, super damaged. My split-ends are the defining character trait of my hair. And that’s like, not ok. If you relate, read on, because I may have found a hair mask that will solve all our problems. 

Image: Daly Williams 

Garnier Whole Blends Miracle Nectar hair mask claims to be a 10-in-1 all-purpose miracle solution for all my hair issues. The package claims to fight frizz, detangle, soften, and strengthen my hair. The hair mask also claims to protect against up to 450 degrees in heat, along with other things. 

I was skeptical at first, but I had to see for myself.

Image: Daly Williams

The instructions are fairly simple and easy to follow. I followed the instructions on the package and started by dampening my hair. You can do this by running your hairbrush under the faucet before brushing your hair out, or you can stand in the shower as I did. After your hair is nice and damp, apply a quarter-sized amount to your hair, beginning at the root and working your way down to the ends. Let it sit in your hair and don’t rinse it out. Reapply as needed. 

It felt too simple. For the amount of help it promised me, I felt like the entire process should have taken longer. But it didn’t, and I found that I was enjoying myself. I also found that my hair was noticeably softer, within minutes. I did wait a day just to see if the results held up. They did. My hair was visibly less frizzy and definitely softer. It’s also honey-scented, so my hair smelled nice all day too.  

At the end of the day, I would use the mask again. If I had money, I might even buy it!  

Daly Williams

Ole Miss '23

I'm a freshman at Ole Miss. I love meeting new people and learning new things. I also love reading, so make my day and recommend a good book to me! :)
Morgan is a senior at the University of Mississippi. She is a Business Marketing major with an emphasis in Digital Marketing. Morgan is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ole Miss and was previously the Marketing Director. She is also a Campus Trendsetter for Her Campus. Morgan is also the Treasurer of the Student Marketing Association at the University.