Wellness > Sex + Relationships

3 DIY Projects You Need To Try This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and Pinterest is overflowing with amazing DIY ideas for how to celebrate. Check out these projects for some easy ways to spruce up your Valentine’s Day celebration.

1. Gluten-free Red Velvet Waffles

These yummy red velvet waffles from Country Girl Gourmet are the perfect way to start Valentine’s Day morning.

2. Scratch Off Card

This easy homemade scratch off card project from Sorority Sugar is a fun twist on the typical Valentine’s Day “coupon” gift.

3. Gluten-free Chocolate Lava Cake

This GF chocolate lava cake from Gluten Free on a Shoestring is the perfect dessert to close out Valentine’s Day.

This Valentine’s Day, try these easy, DIY projects to save some money and stand out from the crowd.

Colleen Werner is a junior psychology major at SUNY Old Westbury, and she plans on going to graduate school to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who specializes in Eating Disorders. She also aspires to start an eating disorder treatment created specifically for dancers. Her Instagram account/blog, @leenahlovesherself, which centers around body-positivity, self-love, eating disorder awareness, and mental health has deeply inspired thousands, and after creating the hashtag #BopoBallerina, Colleen was featured by Yahoo, National Eating Disorders Association, Dailymotion, A Plus, Dance.com, and several international news outlets. In addition to her work on her Instagram, Colleen is a member of the Advisory Panel for YPAD (Youth Protection Advocates in Dance), a National Ambassador for Project HEAL, and a Brand Ambassador for Wear Your Label.
Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.