Style > Beauty

REVIEW: Spruce Salon and Kevin Murphy’s Powder.Puff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Recently, I had the pleasure of attending the Spruce Salon Grand Opening. They were giving out free blowouts and facials to whomever attended. I had never gotten a blowout before, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Let me tell you, it was amazing! My hair stylist, (@baliea_ayers_ba) did a fantastic job. I’m extremely tender-headed so it is difficult for me to find stylists who are talented as well as gentle on my scalp. I have no shame in admitting I booked two more appointments on the spot.

Image by Spruce Norman​

The real winner of the show however was the product Powder.Puff by Kevin Murphy. It is a matte volumizing powder. The powder works more as a lotion while still retaining a powder consistency for easy application. My favorite part about this product is its weightlessness. It felt and looked natural while giving my hair stylish volume. I have thin hair, so heavy products look odd on me. I definitely recommend it to other fine-haired girls. For my thick haired girls out there, it works as an amazing summer volumizer for those hot humid days.

A bonus about the powder is that it is sulfate, paraben, and cruelty free. Kevin Murphy is  famous for designing his bottles so consumers can get every last drop and not waste any plastic. Not to mention, the little pink bottle is just adorable.

You can find this awesome volumizer at Spruce Salon, right here in Norman!

Elosia Pewitt

Oklahoma '22

Freshman at OU, AGD member, tea lover, 19 years old. Instagram: @the_elosia
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!