free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

From the Editor’s Desk: My Internship with Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via Her Campus

Over the last two years, I have been incredibly blessed to serve in a number of writing positions. Before I took a gap year starting in Spring 2017, I worked for the OU Daily as a news reporter and assistant engagement managing editor. Following this, I spent time blogging and working on various personal writing projects.

Writing has always been one of my greatest passions. When I was younger and had a hard time adapting to the social structure of the public school system, I buried myself in books and in writing short stories. This has continued into my twenties. In the back of my mind, I’m always thinking, “I know I can write something truly great. My words can make an impact.”

Finally, after dozens of applications to various publications over the last two years. I got a national writing position as a news writer for our parent site, Her Campus. I am particularly excited about this position because of the flexibility of topic and the standard to which we are held to as online journalists.

As we all make our journey through college, it is sometimes difficult to envision what exactly we want to do or where our lives will take us. My advice is to go for experiences that excite you with all you’ve got. Never, ever give up on pursuing your passions. I’m an anthropology major who is studying to be a professor, but you better believe that if I get the opportunity to write for a major publication that I’ll take it.

This writing position with Her Campus is just another step closer to my dream job at Vogue or my goal of making the NYT Best Seller List.

This summer will be one to remember, and I cannot wait to share my experiences with you all.

Lots of HC love, Regan Stephenson.

Syd Stephenson

Oklahoma '20

Syd is an LGBTQ Studies junior at the University of Oklahoma. Currently, they are the senior editor for Her Campus, OU and a national blogger for Her Campus. After college, Sawyer hopes to work in journalism, the non-profit sector or as a lawyer. Previously, they were the assistant engagement managing editor and copy editor at the OU Daily. In their free time, they love to rock climb, exercise, read books about food, play with their cat Pizza, and put stickers on everything.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!