This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Cathryn Lavery on Unsplash

If you’re like me, you probably have things you want to change about your body. No matter how many times you hear “love your body,” you just need a little help doing that. Below are 5 positive affirmations to help you learn to love and appreciate your body more.

1. My body deserves love and respect.

2. I love my body as it is today.

3. Food is not the enemy. I appreciate it for nourishing me.

4. My worth is not defined by my weight. I define my worth, and I am worthy.

5. I am beautiful.

When you first start saying these things, you will most likely not feel it. However, as time goes on, you will start to believe what you tell yourself everyday. I know that saying these will feel silly in the beginning, but they truly are the first step toward loving and appreciating your body.

Biomedical engineering sophomore at University of Oklahoma. Hoping to change the world through small interactions and opinionated writing.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!