5 Healthier Super Bowl Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels

One of my favorite parts about watching the Super Bowl is the food. My family always makes a huge deal about making yummy snacks to stuff our faces with while enjoying the game. Instead of opting for the usual high-carb and high-sugar snacks, try some of these healthier (and just as delicious) recipes for the big game!

1. Baked Buffalo Cauliflower

Cauliflower seems to be all the rage these days. These bites are made with cavassa flour and baked instead of fried. Serve with ranch dipping sauce — I like to get Primal Kitchen avocado oil ranch (available at Sprouts). Recipe here.

Image via Our Food Fix

2. Mango Guacamole with Siete Chips

My mom first made this recipe a few years ago and since then, I have been obsessed. This fun twist on guacamole is sure to please. Serve with grain-free Siete Chips, the lime-flavored ones are my personal favorite (also available at Sprouts or Whole Foods). Recipe here.

Image via Dr. Axe

3. Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets from Trader Joes

Trader Joe’s recently released new chicken nuggets breaded with corn flour. These taste like the real thing and are delicious with honey-mustard dipping sauce.

4. Sweet Potato Nachos

Sweet potato nachos are amazing for anybody who loves nachos but is looking to clean up the recipe a little bit. The trick is to cut your sweet potatoes nice and thin so that they get slightly crispy. Add cheese (of course) and whatever other toppings your heart desires! I personally love pulled pork, salsa, and guacamole. Recipe here.

Image via Two Peas and Their Pod

5. Sugar-Free Puppy Chow

Puppy chow has been a family staple at Super Bowl parties for years. This recipe uses sugar-free confectioners’ sugar, cereal, nut butter of choice and sugar-free chocolate chips. Recipe here.

Image via The Big Mans World

Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!