Where Oklahoma Women Rank in Equality Compared to Other States

Women's equality is often hard to discuss.  How do we measure equality?  What are one person's standards compared to another's?  If we are discussing the United States alone, how does each state differ? 

Wallethub's recent study finds exactly where each state ranks in women's equality.  They used multiple methodologies to find the best and worst states in different categories.  If you have been wondering how Oklahoma stacks up against other states in terms of women's equality, this study has everything you've wanted to know.

1. 1. Workplace Environment

Top 5 States:

1.  New Mexico

2.  Arizona

3.  Hawaii

4.  Arkansas

5.  Nevada

Where Oklahoma ranks: 36

2. 2. Education and Health

Top 5 States:

1.  Hawaii 

2.  Maine

3.  Vermont

4.  Ohio

5.  West Virginia

Where Oklahoma ranks: 39

3. 3. Political Empowerment

Top 5 States:

1.  Nevada

2.  Maine

3.  Washington

4.  Michigan

5.  New York

Where Oklahoma ranks: 33

I hope that this information is helpful to those of you who are interested in women's livelihood in the state of Oklahoma.  The U.S. currently ranks 98th globally when it comes to the gender gap in political empowerment, and 71st globally when it comes to the gender gap in health and survival.  I hear many people talk about how the United States is the greatest country in the world but currently, the numbers are not reflecting that.  We can and absolutely must do something about this.  Let's mind the gap and maybe we can avoid falling further down the ranks both within our country and globally.