What to Read: “Love & Misadventure” by Lang Leav

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

As a college student you probably don’t have a lot of time for pleasure reading, which is why I’m glad to say the majority of the poems in Lang Leav’s new book, “Love & Misadventure”, are roughly half a page at most. Besides being a quick read, the poems also chronicle the ups and downs of relationships. With poems like “Just Friends” and “A Rollercoaster” Leav puts the spectrum of relationships into words.

While several of the poems focus on relationships and love some of them are more about personal reflection. The book is divided into three parts that all have a different theme. All three themes flow together due to the overlying idea of relationships and how we view ourselves. As you read the book and go from one poem to another you get a consistent idea of feeling loved by someone else but not always loving yourself.

The book was released this past September and fans have been talking about it sense. On Leav’s blog you can read what individual fans have to say about the book as well as excerpts from different poems. Sabrinasng on tumblr said that wen she read “Angels” she thought “How could anyone pen down exactly how I was feeling?” Leav’s poems describe the emotions of love and loss so well that you’ll find yourself relating to something on every page.

All college girls go through ups and downs and these poems capture the different emotions perfectly. If you’re looking for a light read in between all those textbooks you should pick up “Love & Misadventure” by Lang Leav which is available online at Leav’s blog.

Strategic Communications major and English minor at Oklahoma State University. Campus Correspondent for the Oklahoma State chapter.