etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Prep for Any Spring Break Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Ah, Spring Break. Our favorite week of the spring semester still seems so far away, but it will be here before we know it. The best way to have a fun, relaxing break is to start prepping EARLY. Here are some things your #hcokstate girls are doing NOW:

Plan Well

So what does planning for this SB look like? Whether you’re a pro at trip planning or this is your first go around, there are crucial steps to getting ahead. First, double-check your dates, budget, and who you’re going with. It’s in your best interest to work out who will be splitting what costs with you, and if you’re driving, whose car will you be taking. Look at the cost of flights in advance, and opt out of the expensive hotels for cheaper stay options. (Don’t forget to request off for work ASAP if need be.)

Budget, Budget, Budget

Paying for your trip means not buying two coffees everyday and opting to stay in one weekend instead of going out. Even if you have PLENTY of money to spend on the trip, you don’t want to ASSUME you can pay the trip and then something happen. (Like if you tire goes out, or you have to miss a week of work, etc.) Always over save, and be aware of the extra money you might need for amenities, nights out, and souvenirs!

Hit the Gym Girl

I know, I know. It’s cold. You’re tired. I understand. But it’s SUPER important to start that SB bod now, while you have time to get healthy and tone up. If you wait ‘til the third week in February, you’ll regret not starting sooner. Trust me.

Wardrobe Check

Do you have everything you need? Start accumulating necessary accessories and travel items now so you don’t drop a ton of cash on last minute grabs. (Look at Pinterest guides—our personal go to.)

Be Prepared

Before you book your trip or make any final decisions, know the cost, timeline, itinerary, and important information about your destination. Make sure you have a valid passport, if you’re going out of the country and make sure you understand how to exchange out any money, as well as customs and conversational phrases. If you’re staying within the US, still make sure you have all needed identification and extra cash on hand.

Whether you’re going to the beach, the mountains, or a bustling city, the most important thing to scoring an amazing SB is to start NOW!

Good luck!