This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

It’s the pumpkin latte, frosty kiss time of year and with this come fall dates.  To avoid getting stuck in the dinner and a movie or the “let’s grab a drink” rut, here are some fun ideas.

1.   Hot Air Balloon Ride.  They average about $200 here in Oklahoma. It would make a great anniversary surprise or if you boys just simply want to score some major points.
  2. Wine Tasting.  Girls like wine. It’s bred into our blood. So, why not make a date of it and convince your man to broaden his beer horizons. Stillwater has a wine bar downtown called Zannotti’s. 
  3. Carriage Rides.  Yes, there is the downfall of looking at the backside of a horse for a certain amount of time. However, if Carrie Bradshaw can do it, then girls of Oklahoma need to toughen up and see the romantic side of it.
  4. Drive-In movies.  Thank goodness for Google.  Type in and see if you have any in the area, channeling your inner Danny and Sandy.  Grab some deliciously unhealthy snacks. I recommend avoiding garlic and onions. Tulsa and Guthrie have drive-ins.
  5. Corn mazes and haunted houses are in abundance during fall season.  However, why not try a real haunted house tour? Maybe you’ll catch a glimpse of the paranormal. 
  6. Grab your favorite thermos of hot chocolate and go for a walk.  If you are lucky enough to have a lake or pond nearby, bring some bread and feed the ducks.
  7. On a clear night grab your smart phone with your Google Sky app and go check out the stars, and planets. Whoever sees the first shooting star buys the other ice cream.
  8. OSU has botanical gardens; maybe your guy can find it in him to enjoy the flora.
  9. If your area has running train tracks, check the schedules and put a penny on the track. Good luck finding it after.
  10. Leaves are prettiest in the fall. Hiking is the best way to explore and see the beautiful fall colors. However, if you live in the exceptionally flat areas of the country, a walk through a park will suffice and allow for some old fashion communicating.
  11. Horseback Riding Lessons.  Many people can ride, however if you’ve never been on a horse what better way to learn than with your favorite guy.
  12. Not all girls like sports. But, pizza, beer and football can be the perfect afternoon date. You’ll score some leverage on your guy next time you decide you want to see the new chick-flick if you spend time with him watching a game.
  13. Bike ride. You don’t have to be Lance Armstrong workout.  Simply enjoy the scenery and make a pit stop at your favorite café.
  14. Picnic. Try homemade food. He’ll be impressed by your thoughtfulness and your mad kitchen skills.  A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
  15. Oklahoma Residents head to the Tulsa Area and visit center of the universe and discover just how much your voice will echo.
  16. Hit the local flea market. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure and you can really get to know each other by discovering what catches your eye.
  17. Apple picking is a popular date idea. However if the idea is unappealing, bake an apple dessert (apple crisp is way easier than apple pie).  Also make some homemade apple cider, recipes including alcohol I strongly recommend.
  18. Have a scary movie marathon.  Grab some other couples and spend the night watching everyone’s scariest picks.
  19. Look at Christmas lights. Old traditions never die young.
  20. Take a drive. Especially with the low gas prices here in Oklahoma, and see what scenic destinations or fun roads you end up on.
I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.