samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Regina Dao

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you haven’t heard of Regina Dao by now, you’ll undoubtedly know of her in a few years. The 22 year old from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma is poised to make a splash in the advertising world when she graduates in May 2016.

When Regina graduates with a Strategic Communications degree under her belt, she hopes to work on the creative team of an advertising agency, and someday owning her own ad agency. “I want to do everything,” she says. “I don’t believe in setting limits on what I can do.”

And she’s taking the right steps to get there, too. While somehow finding time to volunteer with Pencils of Promise at LifeChurch, she is also Vice President of AdClub, and just recently swept the board at the Creative Lightning Awards. Regina submitted five entries at the CLA’s and won 6 different awards. The most impressive being the “Best Integrated Strategy” award for her “Discover What Works” poster. In addition to the “Best Integrated Strategy” award, she also won two gold, one silver and 2 bronze awards.

In the meantime, before her rise to advertising stardom, Regina plans to intern with Bridges Advertising in January, where she’ll be shadowing their graphic designer, video and audio production manager, account executive and media buyer. Real world experience is a must for any industry, and this will undoubtedly be the first of many internships for this Campus Celebrity.

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.