Campus Celebrity: Lauren Henley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you ever wondered what a woman of many talents looked like, then you will definitely love senior Lauren Henley! Lauren is a Sports Managment major and Marketing minor here at Oklahoma State University. 

Within the African American community here at OSU, she is the woman known for doing it all. Lauren currently serves as the Vice President of the African-American Business Asscioation, is an involved member of the African-American Asscioation, holds executive positions within Alpha Kappa Alpha Soroity Inc. (ΑΚΑ), and can be seen hosting or participating in the many African-American affilated events around campus.

This Dallas girl loves to impower women. She has served as the lead choreographer of the Miss Black OSU Scholarship Pageant for three consecutive years, and plans to choreograph the Miss Black and Gold Pageant next semester for another consecutive year, but Lauren’s positions do not stop here.

Lauren also serves the athletic department and our athletes on the Big 12 Planning Committee, and is involved within the Sports Management Club.

When asked what advice she would give to anybody just starting their Oklahoma State experience, she stated,

“You are never too young to get involved on campus!

I had an intership my freshman year, and maintained a high GPA,  just be willing to start early!”

Wow, can you say

SUPERWOMAN??

Her Campus wishes you the best of luck, and thank you for all you do here at OSU, Lauren!

Jasmine Fain

OK State '19

Is a Senior at the BRIGHTEST campus in the nation Oklahoma State University. She is a Professional Writing major with a Minor in Linguistics. Check out her articles each week to keep up to date on the many fun things that OSU has to offer. In your spare time also check out her blog LIVINGWITHJ to catch a preview of her life!