kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Things I Learned This Summer That’ll Help Us This Semester/Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

This summer I did a lot. Summer classes, work, and summer club activities. Here are just a few things I learned from doing all of that!

Tutoring is Helpful

It might seem like something that is embarrassing or inconvenient, but going to tutoring was so beneficial for me and my summer classes. It was not only good to talk out the things I was struggling with, but it also helped me see people who are doing the same thing I want to do.

Feedback Is Not a Bad Thing

I’m the kind of person who takes feedback and criticism as an attack. What I’ve grown to learn is that these things are not personal. When someone says “That could’ve gone better,” they are not saying that you are not qualified to do this task, but rather what you can improve upon next time. Do not miss an opportunity to grow!

Self-Care Is a Must

If you are anything like me, you have absolutely no time for anything. This summer I was constantly doing something and took no time for myself. Don’t be like me! Self-care is almost over promoted at this point, but no one truly talks about what happens when you don’t practice self-care at all. At the time of writing this, I feel overworked and behind in everything I am doing. I don’t feel good about this semester. My goal is to take time for myself and make sure I am okay. If you need help, reach out to someone and be honest.

Boys Are Dumb so Don’t Let Them Bother You

I, for one, am lonely. I have so much love to give, but no one to share this love with. I have tried several times to find the one, but all I get is a request for pictures I am not willing to send. I felt like this summer I spent so much time trying to find love that I didn’t focus on what really mattered: me. Dating is cool or whatever, but I can’t be in a happy relationship if I don’t have myself sorted out first.

Celebrate Small Wins

This summer I had a multitude of small wins. It was a summer that I truly thrived in different aspects. I made sure that I celebrated everything I did that I thought was a small win. Celebrating small wins shows that you are capable of doing anything. I am so proud of the things I did and no one can take that away from me! A small win to one may be insignificant to another and vice versa. Still, support every small win no matter if it’s trivial or not.

Speaking of small wins, I just finished my first article of the semester! I think it’s time to celebrate! I hope everyone has an amazing semester!!

Micah Damon

OK State '22

Hi! My name is Micah Damon and I am a trans sophomore at OSU. I am studying Arts Administration with a minor in American Sign Language and Gender Women's. Besides writing for Her Campus, I am apart of several different organizations and I work a lot. Outside of my responsibilities, I love shopping, hanging out with friends, and making art.