halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020

The Best Celeb Costumes From Halloween 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Halloween is so many people’s favorite holiday. From dressing up to getting candy to going to haunted houses; there are so many reasons to adore the spooky celebration. My favorite thing about Halloween is the Monday after Halloweekend. My Instagram feed is flooded with posts from every celebrity I follow. I love scrolling through my feed and picking out my favorite looks. There is nothing quite like seeing iconic Halloween looks for the first time, knowing they will be found on everyone’s costume inspo board for years to come (Hailey Bieber as Mia Thermopolis…so iconic). I can also admit that one of my guilty pleasures and seeing everyone’s commentary on their favorite and least favorite looks. I just couldn’t stop myself this year from taking part in the conversation, so here are my favorite Halloween looks that I saw on my Instagram timeline after this weekend.

trisha paytas & Moses hacmon as taylor swift & travis kelce

At this point, everyone knows about how Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift’s relationship is sweeping the nation and the mass hysteria that the picture of Taylor kissing Travis on the cheek caused. Their relationship is now and probably will forever be an important moment in pop culture. It would just be wrong if the queen of pop culture herself didn’t recreate the moment or weigh in somehow. This look and the moment is iconic. And the caption? I love her.

Kendall Jenner as Marilyn Monroe

When people think of Marilyn Monroe, they often think of her stunning gowns and well-known Hollywood looks. Despite this, Jenner’s simple costume is instantly recognizable. It instantly reminds you of THOSE pictures of Marilyn Monroe in her black turtleneck. Jenner executes the look perfectly and looks beyond stunning while doing it. The hair, the makeup, the pictures. Perfection.

Megan thee stallion as Tim Burton’s flower face

This look is SO fun and whimsical and hot at the same time, something only Meg can achieve so flawlessly. The custom-made costume looks like it was taken right out of Alice in Wonderland and the makeup brings the whole look together beautifully. This costume is one I’ll be thinking about until Christmas.

tana mongeau as jennifer check

Every year Jennifer Check from Jennifer’s Body is a very popular costume, one that I don’t think will ever go away. With such a common costume, it is somewhat difficult to make the look iconic. Tana does so effortlessly. Stepping away from the blonde that she is known for, she wears a brunette wig and a cheer costume… both of which are just absolutely MEANT for her. With this costume, she stays perfectly on brand and looks jaw-dropping while doing so. She devoured this look.

Kourtney Kardashian as Kim Kardashian

If you are someone who has been keeping up with the Kardashians, you know why this costume had my jaw dropped as soon as I saw it. Like a true Kardashian, Kourtney knows how to play off of a scandal and feed into the drama. After the huge fight she recently had with Kim that blew up on social media, everyone had something to say about it and everyone had a side they took. Dressing up as Kim in one of her iconic Met Gala looks was a very petty move on Kourtney’s behalf and one that I applaud her for.

kelsea ballerini as barbie

It seems like everyone thought that Barbie was going to be such a common costume that nobody actually dressed up as Barbie. Kelsea, unafraid to be “basic” dressed up as the iconic doll and she absolutely killed it. As a real-life walking Barbie herself, even if the streets were littered with Barbie costumes, Kelsea would still stand out. The fact that it is Western Barbie makes this costume just perfect for her.

Hailey Bieber & Justin Bieber as bamm-bamm & pebbles

I don’t think these two have ever let me down when it comes to Halloween. I don’t think they ever will. I look forward to their costumes each year. This costume is so cute and sweet. It was not a costume that I was expecting which makes me love it even more. And getting the dogs involved too? I’m obsessed.

lucy dacus & julien baker as pete davidson & ariana grande

No costume had me as speechless as this one did. Not only is this absolutely hilarious, it was completely unexpected. If you told me a month ago that Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker were going to do a couples costume together for Halloween, I would’ve believed you. If you told me the costume would be Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande in 2018 I would’ve laughed. If you told Julien would be Ariana Grande I would’ve called you insane and then collapsed at the thought. I am still staring at the picture in disbelief. These two won Halloween.

Azlyn LaFollette is currently a Sophomore at Ohio University majoring in English- Literature, Writing, & Culture, and minoring in Communication Studies. Along with being a writer for HCOU, Azlyn is an Executive Board Member of the The National English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta. Azlyn loves to spend her free time attending concerts and reading romance novels.