Simple New Year’s Resolutions That Will Benefit Everybody in 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It is officially a new year, a new decade, and a new start for all of us. I’m sure that 2019 was different for all of us but there is always room to grow more positively throughout this new year. Here is a list of simple and easy resolutions that will not only benefit ourselves but also put us in a more positive mood for others as well.

Clean your room before bed

I always feel more put together and ready for the day when I wake up to a clean room. It makes me feel more at ease, productive, and like I can own the day. If you keep up with room organization- your mind will be able to focus on upcoming events and assignments rather than needing to take out the trash!

Resolve issues and drama before bed

We all have heard the phrase, “Don’t go to bed with your significant other angry!” Well, what about our friends, too? None of us gets a good night’s sleep after a fight anyways so we might as well work out as much of it as we can before we put the phone down for the night. Going to bed with a peaceful state of mind leads to less stress acne anyways.

Carry around a planner

Organization is key this year! Carrying around a planner will help everyone feel more empowered because it is listing down the control you have in your life! Own it!

Send appreciation texts to people you care about

This year is all about showing your love and appreciation for those that you care about! Good friends are hard to come by so it is essential that you take a minute to tell your friends that you care and appreciate their existence. 

Love your body

My main goal of 2020 is to unconditionally love who I am. I have struggled with my self-confidence for most of my life and telling myself that I am beautiful is hard but I am starting to love myself more and more every day. My strategy is to look in the mirror every morning and tell myself one thing that makes me beautiful. 

Drink more water

Water is important. It is something that we need that nobody drinks enough of. Hydrate yourself – your skin will thank you! (Shout out to our very own Her Campus Writer Darian for drinking a GALLON of water every day with the help of Funus!) 

New Year’s Resolutions are an extremely individualized goal process that we all look forward to every year. Even if you don’t keep up with your resolutions, thinking about a way to better your life every year is extremely important. It’s a whole new decade… it’s time for each and every one of us to love ourselves and keep this decade positive. We got this. 

Jenna Cavanaugh is a second year at Ohio University. She is majoring in Early Childhood Education at The Gladys W. and David H.Patton College of Education. When she is not working hard in class or working she is hanging out with friends, writing in journals, or finding a dog on campus to pet.