free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Republican Party Intern: Hannah Tukesbrey Kilbride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Tell me a little about your internship:

I started my internship this summer with the Republican Party of Cuyahoga County, where I got to work hand in hand with many small projects throughout the county. I did a lot of polling calls for Republican nominees running for office. I spent most of my days doing oppositional research on our nominees’ opponents and figuring out our statistics of voting from the past years. When it started getting closer to the debate, I had to make a lot of phone calls to get our tickets out to our party in Cuyahoga County. Also the day before the debate, the RPCC planned a Pre-Debate Party for the Elite of Cleveland, where I got to take tickets and meet the locals. The day of the event the RPCC threw a conference for those in town needing something to do, where a lot of locals came to again. Later that night I worked the Debate and got to go to the after party for Governor Kasich that the RPCC also held. Overall my internship gave me a little taste of everything that I wanted, and I am so glad I moved to Cleveland for such an amazing opportunity.How did you land this internship?

One of my friends who went to Cleveland State told me about it, and I couldn’t resist. What interested you about this internship?

The most interesting thing about this internship had to be that the debate and RNC was going to be in Cleveland within the next year.What was it like working close to famous politicians?

It felt like I was a little fan girl again, being able to be so close to all of these politicians that I admire so much for all their hard work. All I wanted to do was jump on stage with them and hand out my business cards. What was the most exciting part of this internship?

The most exciting part about my internship with the Republican Party of Cuyahoga County was being able to meet all the local chairmen and women, the RNC members, and Gov. John Kasich who told me to “stick with politics.” And of course seeing the Debate first hand!What do you plan to do next?

My next step in my career is to get an internship with a campaign team somewhere in Ohio. This summer will be devoted to traveling to Germany and elsewhere.If you could vote for any of the republican candidates who would it be?

At this point in time I would have to vote for Carly Fiorina … I mean, did you see her last night?! Winner winner, chicken dinner. 

What is your dream job?

My dream job is to be a Campaign Manager for a presidential candidate. 

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)