Playing a club sport at OU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

After growing up around sports for all of my life, I’ve developed a need for a competitive drive. From playing softball to volleyball to soccer, my love for sports has never stopped. 

Participating in countless athletic games growing up, I thought nothing beats a little adrenaline kick when it comes to playing a sport. A spark of competitiveness sits inside all of us. We strive to feel a rush of emotions before a big game. We sometimes get frustrated and angry, but we continue to push ourselves. We want to become better. We want to succeed. Overall, these things add up because we want to have fun.

Playing a club sport at Ohio University has opened many doors for me. Being on the women’s club soccer team allows me to take my competitive spirit to the field. It allows me to take a break from my stressful life as a collegiette™. With a loaded class schedule, applying for internships and being in various organizations, I believe it’s nice to play a sport I love to take my mind off of the stressors in my life. Plus, I’m guaranteed to have a great workout, which makes me feel great afterward!

Being a part of a team with a great group of women makes playing a club sport even more fun and enjoyable. We have a bond on and off of the field. We develop trust in one another and we develop friendships. Everyone is passionate, driven and motivated to help each other out.

As an athlete, participating on a sports team allows you to gain transferrable skills that you can take into your career, classes or internship. You learn to collaborate with peers, coordinate events and overall work toward being successful as a team.

If you’re looking to fulfill your competitive drive or looking to have some fun, consider joining a club sport at Ohio University. Check out their website for more information.  If you’re looking for something a little less competitive, check out the intramural sports web page. Follow them on Twitter: @OhioUClubSports, @OUIMsports

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano