A Love Letter to GoodFella’s Pizza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Dear beautiful slice,

I’m really glad you were there for me last night!  A lot happened, and I don’t exactly remember everything, but you do, and I love that you haven’t judged me one bit for it. My friends and I decided to go out for just a little, but we had so much fun that the night went on.  

Photo: foodspotting.com

I hadn’t seen these people in a while since we were literally all constantly busy. The night began at someone’s house, then another house and then the bars. I’m pretty sure we stopped everywhere except the places I screwed up last weekend and the places my friend’s exes were hanging out. As the time went on, I forgot about everything that didn’t matter, and I started rambling things my friends would never hear me say. It came to a point where we had nothing else to do because everyone got kicked out of the last place we stopped – the bar actually had to close. After we left, I realized just how much I had yet to get done today (which still isn’t done, thanks to BuzzFeed), and then I knew I had to try to get myself together.

Even though Court Street already turned off most of their lights, the light of your home was still on! I saw the green and red lighting outside shining so bright, and the your smell was just calling my name. I know that saving two-dollars-and-fifty-cents each weekend would add up over time, but something about you gave me no choice. I sort of, you know, had to say yes!

I walked in, stepped up, annoyed the person who baked you and paid. Some dude wearing red put you down on a soft piece of wax paper, and I (as carefully as I was able to) picked you up for our first moment together. That first moment (or bite) went a little like this: a tasty pool of grease, a sea of zesty robustness and a whole lot of flavor in between. The whole time I was thinking about just how good you look with four red polka dots; they tasted extra good tonight too!

It didn’t take long before we spent moment after moment together, because soon you were gone. When you disappeared, my gang was ready to go home, and we walked together. I may have stumbled a bit, but that’s totally okay because my memory of you cheered me on.

When I got home, all I could remember were the questionable decisions I made. I mean I’m pretty much broke now. I forgot to close my tab, and I even put off studying for my exam Monday. For these issues, I am so glad you’re willing to forgive me. All I ask is that you watch my figure for me, cause we all know that I’ve been ‘trying’ to go to Ping everyday as of this week.

With love,

Every Court Street Collegiette

GIF: giphy.com

Sophia Borghese is a Strategic Communications major at Ohio University. She is always excited to write stuff for Her Campus.  Sophia has writen for her university's fashion magazine, Thread, for over three years, and loves to write beauty related articles the most. Many of the makeup looks in the magazine are done by her as well. Most people associate her with bright lipstick, and her Instagram account Sophia Makeup Artistry. She loves to stalk great makeup artists, read up on the latest beauty trends and shop at Sephora whenever she can.  Alongside her interests in beauty, she is obsessed with sushi, pugs, Madonna and her favorite band Incubus.  Professionally speaking, she wants to continue to be a makeup artist, and work as a freelance beauty writer while partaking in the beauty PR world. 
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano