Lose Weight Without Hitting the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Going to the gym is a struggle for most girls. And avoiding fast food or consuming a strictly wine calorie based diet during the weekends is almost impossible, especially in college. That being said it’s not impossible to make a few changes in lifestyle choices to drop a few pounds.

Portion Size Matters

Ever wonder why Ramen isn’t good for you? Then realize that a portion is only half the block and that alone seems like a ton of calories? This is just one example of how often we consume 2 or sometimes even more servings, and double the calories, without even realizing it. Watching how much you’re eating will definitely help. Remember, eating too much of anything isn’t good and eating a little of anything (hint hint that chocolate bar that’s been eyeing you down all week) is usually fine as well.

Take Vitamins

Vitamins help your body function, so it should be no surprise that taking vitamins regularly should help lose weight. Vitamin B helps your metabolism and Vitamin C helps absorb nutrients and maintain healthy tissues. These are just a few of the examples of what a few gummies every day can do for you.

Drinks are Everything

Hydration and feeling full are key ways to feel and look your best… losing water weight and not eating as much is just benefits. Switching to tea, such as green tea or oolong tea, can help boost metabolism as well as keep you feeling fuller for longer and offer other benefits, such as caffeine in oolong tea. Cutting out sodas and replacing them with zero calorie energy drinks can help your body burn fat. Drinking coffee is also a great way to reduce fat. Finally, adding a small amount (approximately 2 teaspoons per 8 ounces of water) of apple cider vinegar to a bottle of water every day can help with weight loss, balance PH levels and MORE.

On top of everything, sleeping 8 hours at night, replacing regular items (such as noodles) with healthier items (such as zucchini noodles), trying to walk places and using some of the tips and tricks above should boost your metabolism and increase weight loss without ever stepping foot in the gym.

Ohio University Class of 2018 Strategic Communications  Just a small town girl with big city dreams