20 Things To Remember Throughout 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With 2020 comes a new year and a new decade to be who you want to be. With plenty of resolutions and expectations for the new year, make sure that you take time to remember these important 20 things that will help you have a successful 2020: 

Your resolutions aren’t everything

There’s so much more to the new year than a resolution. Being unable to fulfill a resolution won’t be the end of the world.

Look forward and not back

Leave the negativity in 2019, and look forward to the amazing things you’ll be able to experience, learn, and gain in 2020.

Take time for yourself

It’s easy to want to work your booty off right away in 2020, but it’s important to take time for yourself for your own health and wellbeing.

Respect your body

Respect your body with what you put in it and what you do with it this year.

Know that you are worth it

YOU ARE WORTH IT.

Work hard for what you want

If you truly want something, work hard for it and build those habits.

Set goals throughout the year and not just in January

Set resolutions throughout the year, not just at the beginning of the year. Any month is a great month to make a change in your life.

Remember those who are still with you in 2020

Look and evaluate who you continue to surround yourself in 2020. Bring the most important people with you into the new year.

Every aspect of health is important

Many resolutions revolve around health and losing weight. Don’t forget that every aspect of your health is important and work on not just your physical health, but your mental health.

Treat yourself regularly

Just because it’s a new year doesn’t mean you can’t continue to treat yourself in 2020.

Try something new

A new year calls for trying something new!

Impress yourself

It’s impossible to impress everyone, so work to impress yourself in everything you do this year.

Know your limits

Don’t go too hard or too far this year. There’s not much more I need to explain with this one!

Budget your time and money

It is so important to budget not just your money but your time. Don’t give all of your time or money to everyone else, save it for you!

Change doesn’t have to be big

Along with resolutions, the change you want to make doesn’t have to be big or drastic. Even the smallest changes are important and help you grow.

It’s okay to not be okay

ALWAYS true no matter the year.

Document the year

Take time to document this year through journaling, taking photos, or whatever gives you joy.

Embrace mistakes

Your mistakes help you grow and become who you are. Embrace them!

Make an effort

If you want to change this year, are creating resolutions, are working for something in your life, make an effort to make these things happen.

You’ll always have yourself

Whether it’s the start of the new year or the end of 2020, you’ll always have yourself. Remember to take care of yourself the entire year.

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.