This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With finals week upon us, we will likely be surviving on granola bars, sweets and caffeine. While at the moment you might feel great but this is in no way the right way to treat your body. You need fuel to not only help you study but to take your actual exams and do well. We know there’s a chance you might not be able to have a lot of full meals during finals week. Here is our guide to some great snack options that will provide give you energy and keep you away from ordering that iced coffee and muffin late at night while studying.

Meal Prep

While not a snack option, prepping meals so you have food with you throughout the day will make everyone around you in the library jealous.

Nuts

Peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc. Eating different nuts will provide you with proteins, fiber and vitamins.

Yogurt

Yogurt is a great alternative to wanting late night ice cream while studying. This is also a great option to have for breakfast with some granola before an exam.

Protein Bars

If you’re on the go and think about snacking on a granola bar, the very least you can do is make sure you have a protein bar. This will keep you full and energized much longer than a traditional chocolate chip granola bar.

Fruit

Fruit will help with any sweet tooths out there trying to study for finals. Having sliced apples with peanut butter, dried fruit, or make your own fruit salad to take to the library.

Cereal

Cereal is a fast breakfast option to have the morning of an exam. Make sure you aren’t eating just sugary cereals but have substantial cereals like Life or Honey Bunches of Oats. Try adding fruit like strawberries, or experiment with different milk alternatives.

Popcorn

Popcorn is the perfect late night snack that just needs a microwave. Popcorn will provide a crunchy snack, satisfy any savory snack needs and has fiber! Try adding different seasonings to spice up your popcorn.

Veggies

Veggies can provide a crunchy, healthy snack that will keep you full. Pair your favorite veggies with different dips. Try celery and peanut butter or carrots and hummus for a classic pairing.

Pretzels/Cheez-its

Having a snack on the less-healthier side is okay during finals week. Eating pretzels or Cheez-its is a better snack alternative to regular potato chips. Dipping pretzels in a nut butter will even amp your snack up to the next level.

Dark Chocolate

If you’re gonna eat candy, at least pick something that isn’t too bad for you. Dark chocolate has antioxidants that can protect our cells and reduce inflammation. It has also been scientifically proven to be nutritionally beneficial, may lower blood pressure and could even improve brain function.

Now get out there, get studying and get snacking. Good luck this finals week Bobcats!

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.