brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Best Places To Have A Photo Shoot At Ohio University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With classes in full swing, fall quickly approaching and multiple student organizations coming together, it is the perfect time for a photo shoot at Ohio University. Here are ten perfect places to get photos taken with a group or individually:

1. College Green

A stereotypical spot for all Ohio University students to take photos at is College Green. Photos can be taken in front of the three original buildings of the university, class gateway and the alumni gateway. College Green is especially beautiful for photo shoots as the seasons change.

2. Wolfe Garden

This Ohio-shaped garden is located in front of Alden Library on the College Green side. Surrounded by plants, this is definitely a place you’ll want to have some individual photos in showcasing the beauty of your university.

3. Emeriti Park

Behind Baker Center, this park features a perfect gazebo overlooking the water with two fountains for the background of your photos. This is also a perfect spot for sunset and evening photos.

4. Top of Parking Garage

The Athens City Parking Garage on the corner of E Washington St and S College St gives the perfect photo spot at the top because of the view of Athens you’ll receive.

5. Scripps Amphitheatre

The amphitheater behind Scripps Hall is a great spot for group photo shoots, providing both steps for large groups and a beautiful background.

6. Baker patio

The patios attached to Baker Center give a view of the university below making this the perfect place for individual shots overlooking the edge.

7. Seigfred Mural

On the side of Seigfred Hall, there is a giant art mural with theatre style steps facing it. This makes the perfect photo shoot spot for groups.

8. Cherry blossom trees

In the spring, photos by the cherry blossoms that are blooming along the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway that follows the Hocking River on campus gives the perfect background for headshots or photos with friends.

9. Bryan stairs

At the base of Bryan Hall, there are stairs that connect East Green to the top of the hill. The stairs that appear to be in the middle of nature can provide a cool background for smaller groups or individual photos.

10. The Ridges

If you’re feeling adventurous, a photo shoot at The Ridges will not only give perfect “spooky” vibes during the fall but will give a beautiful nature background for your photos.

(All photos by Hannah Moskowitz)

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.