Ways to get Involved with School While Living off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Sometimes people might say that when you don’t live on campus you don’t really get the full college experience, but that’s not true! Here are some ways to get involved in school, and even if it’s not the same thing as living on campus, you will get an awesome college experience!

Join some clubs!

Source: Giphy

There are plenty of clubs on campus that you can get involved in! Sign on up!

Take some time out of your day and study…in the Library

Source: Giphy

It can be very distracting studying at home because you have your TV, your phone, or whatever else. Take some time for your school work and go to a quiet place like the library and at the same time scope out some hot guys!

Participate in Activity Hour

Source: Giphy

At ODU we have an activity hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 1:30 and that’s a perfect time to just stop by and grab some lunch when everybody’s pretty active!

University Announcements

Source: Giphy

Look out for those daily University announcements! Not only is their help info for you but there can be some cool things to do on a Friday night like movie Nights!

Show off Some School Pride!

Source: Giphy

Rock that college gear! Wear that sweatshirt, or baseball hat and show Pride! Or show up to one of the school games even if you don’t like sports you can meet some cool people!

Hey! The name is Khaiara but people tend to call me Kay or Khai! I am a junior at Old Dominion, Human Service major and dog lover! I am a die hard humanitarian and my goal is to help people the best I can! The world is big and I just want to leave my mark! My hobbies include drawing, painting, and occasional blogging! Before I started writing for HC ODU I ran my own personal blog site http://www.discoveringwoman.com/. I love writing and plan to continue after I graduate. Follow me on social media if ya want @kaymurrlli