Style

NYU Club Spotlight: Fashion Business Association

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

As one of the only fashion clubs at NYU, the Fashion Business Association (FBA) aims to educate, entertain, and enrich the NYU community through providing events on different aspects of the fashion industry. They provide information on internships, pertinent industry news, and fashion-related events. As FBA president, I believe that FBA allows students to gain knowledge and insider experience in the fashion industry. FBA is one of the only clubs at NYU that lets you learn about fashion, while also connecting with other students who are passionate about it.

During the year, the FBA hosts a variety of panels, ranging in topic and theme about the fashion industry. Learn inside scoops, network and learn more about fashion at NYU by attending one of the next meetings! This semester, be sure to look for upcoming panels on fashion editorial (April 24th) with NYLON’s Anne-Elise Duss, and fashion entrepreneurship with Desirea Eng (May 8th).

FBA’s main fashion showcase this year will be on May 10th, 2019 at 8pm. Hosted in the NYU Kimmel Center Rosenthal Pavilion, the showcase will feature designers and talent from NYC related schools, including Parsons, FIT and the New School. The FBA show draws an audience of up to 250 people, students and fashion industry professionals alike. In previous years, they have represented a range of sponsors including Vince Camuto, Nasty Gal, Sony, and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few. Some of this year’s sponsors include Barry’s Bootcamp, Mario Badescu, Staud, MZ Wallace, and Elizabeth Arden. The show is completely student run and all profits will be donated to the CFDA Foundation. Some pictures from last year can be found below, in addition to on FBA’s instagram @nyufba. Ticket links for this year’s show will be released soon!

FBA Social Links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nyufashionbusiness/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyufba/

Image Credits: 0/1/2/3

Junior at New York University, studying communications and business. Follow her style page @itsautsams.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.