This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

2018 is almost over. We’ve been through a lot this year, both good and bad. Regardless of how this past year has treated us, we all deserve to savor the last night and celebrate the coming year. There’s an event for everyone out there; not all of it has to be bars and partying. Here’s a list of few events we can all look forward to in the coming few weeks.

1. Fireworks in Prospect Park

Ditch the overcrowded, overrated Times Square ball drop, and instead cozy up in Prospect Park. I mean, what better way to start the new year than a jaw dropping fireworks show? There will be live music from 10:30pm at Grand Army Plaza. Best of all, it’s completely free! You can even sip some hot cocoa when you’re there. To get a good view, snag a spot inside the park on West Drive or between Grand Army Plaza and 9th street along Prospect Park.

2. Brunch at Miss Lily’s

The new year is often the best time to try something new. Why not explore a new cuisine? Miss Lily’s in Greenwich Village has a delectable deal: $25 all you can eat from 11am on New Year’s Day. You’ll have until 4:30pm to fill your plate with Caribbean staples such as jerk pork-belly hash with-sunny-side eggs, or coconut pancakes with fresh berries. You wouldn’t want to miss the all-you-can-eat Jerkfest.

3. Caroline’s on Broadway Comedy Spectacular

Although Times Square is unbelievably packed, it will be worth making the trip for the annual, much-anticipated Comedy Spectacular. On Dec 31, there’ll be a 7:30pm show and a 10pm one, so you can catch a party later on. For the later show, you can dance to a live DJ after midnight. Kevin Iso from Comedy Central and Derek Gaines from Will & Grace will perform, with host Jason Scoop. Tickets start at $38!  

4. Night-Ride Event from Midtown to LES

Looking for something more active? The New Year’s Eve Ride is just right for you. Starting from the Plaza Hotel or Williamsburg Bridge at 9:30pm, or Madison Square Park at 10pm, you can ride your bike to the TIME’S UP Musical After-Party. You’ll get your party fix and catch up on some much-needed exercise! Plus, it’s free, so why not?

5. Metropolis: City of Tomorrow’s NYE

At Sony Hall, you’ll be able to attend a party from the future. With robots, aerialists, acrobats, you’ll be entertained through the night. Starting Dec 31st at 9pm going all the way to Jan 1st, 4pm, you can have the experience of a lifetime. Although it’s very pricey (currently tickets start at $109), if you’re looking to treat yourself this might be for you!

6. Bar None’s All That Glitters

If you’re looking to party, it can be difficult to find one without breaking the bank. This East Village bar offers tickets from just $23! From NYE to the New Year’s Day, it’ll be a party you remember!

We hope you find the perfect place to countdown to 2019… see you there!

Image Credits: 1/2/3/4/5/6

Fareeha is majoring in Economics and Public Policy at CAS and only has two more years to go at NYU! Originally, she’s from Bangladesh, a country known for its breathtaking natural beauty and torrential monsoon rains. But she spent a few years in the hot, humid climate of Dubai and on the coastal city of Jakarta. On Her Campus, she writes what she's passionate about; everything from crazy politics to pop culture.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.