Bruno Weninger ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Name: Bruno Weninger*
Nickname: I’ve been called a lot of things but none of them really stuck. People just call me by my name.
Hometown: São Paulo, Brazil
Major/School: CAS – Computer Science
Year: 2015

Current song playing on iPod: Why’d you only call me when you’re high – Arctic Monkeys
Go-to repeat song on iPod: Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
Favorite movie: Fight Club
Favorite quote: A professor once told me everything in life is a matter of priorities.
Inspirational people, books: I like Steve Jobs’s work. For a book, I’d say ‘The Art of War’ from Sun Tzu
Fun fact about yourself: I’ve been here in the USA for 8 months now and to be real the thing I miss the most is my dog.

HC NYU: What are your interests and favorite activities?
BW: I like sports, reading, hanging out with the close ones and playing the guitar. Beer is appreciated too.

HC NYU: What is your ideal romantic date in NYC?
BW: I think a romantic date could happen anywhere, it only depends on who you’re with. It could be a candle light Italian dinner or a walk in one of the many parks around, or a live band that no one knows performing at some West Village bar.

HC NYU: What are some qualities you look for in a girl?
BW: A smart, funny, open minded and  chill person. Someone that doesn’t think her GPA is the most important thing in the world. Someone who can appreciate the beauty of the small things.

HC NYU: If you could take your girl to any place in the world, where would it be?
BW: There’s a small town by the shore in the Rio de Janeiro state called Trindade. It has the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen and cell phones barely work there. There are no ATMs as well. I would like to spend some time with someone I love there.

HC NYU: What are your future goals and aspirations?
BW: My number one goal is to create my own thing, a startup. I’ve been trying for some time now, just lacking the right idea. But I know I’ll do it eventually.

*NOTE: Girls in the picture are his family, ladies. He’s single!

Want more from Kayla? Follow her on Twitter @ksk316

Kayla is an NYU senior majoring in journalism and history. She joined the Her Campus NYU (HCNYU) team in 2013 as a study abroad blogger and is now the site's Love and Relationships Editor. Along with being an editor for HCNYU, Kayla is a web editorial intern for Redbook magazine. She has contributed to and interned in the past with Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Square Meal, Washington Square News, and Sumo Skinny. When Kayla isn't writing for HCNYU, she is working on her blog or drooling over her wall of Harry Styles pictures. Follow Kayla on Twitter: @ksk316 Read Kayla's blog: http://lovewriteeat.blogspot.com/
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.