This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Prepare for this midterm and finals season with a list of our favorite study spots on campus!

60 5th Avenue (NYU Center for Data Science)

If you need a break from the busy and bustling WSP area, you’ll find some calm on 60 5th Avenue. The colossal Greek columns by the revolving doors might serve as some scholarly inspiration as you enter. The building’s lofty ceilings make the first floor study space feel bigger. The natural light beaming from the tall windows helps boost the motivation to study. There are marble tables with purple chairs spread out through the floor, with a few large, green chairs on one corner. There isn’t as much seating on the first floor but sometimes you can grab a quiet spot on the floors above. Nonetheless, it’s one of our favorite places to study, and maybe it will become your go-to spot as well. 

GCASL, 5th floor

The 5th floor of GCASL is a newfound study spot, but one of our favorites. The building itself is beautiful, and the light shining through the fractured design makes the space feel more inviting. However, sometimes there are events in the Grand Hall during the evening, and you might not be able to use the red couches. But during the day, it’s sometimes dead silent. The portraits of members of the  Board of Trustees watching over you can be a little off-putting, but if you need a space to think, this is it. 

Silver Center for Arts & Science, 9th floor 

Home to the Dean’s Office, CAS Advisors, and the College Cohort Program, the 9th floor of Silver might not be the study spot you choose. But the spacious tables, as well as chairs and sofa seating make it a great place to get some work done. If you’re working on your laptop, though, there aren’t any outlets near the larger tables. However, the high tables alongside the wall have sockets so it’s convenient for you to plug in your computer. Since walk-in advising takes place from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday through Friday, it can get a little chaotic. But some headphones and a lo-fi playlist will quickly fix that. If you study after 5pm, more tables are available as advisors are done for the day. There are vending machines galore if you need a bite to eat for a little motivation. 

Kaufman Management Center Sosnoff Lounge 

Non-Sternies might avoid this with at any time of day at any time of the year. But the Sosnoff Lounge might make you think otherwise. It’s located on the ground floor of the Henry Kaufman Management Center, to the right of the Gould Plaza entrance. Although you might overhear some MBAs here and there, a lot of undergraduates prefer the Lounge’s ample seating and high ceilings. There are couches, high tables and stools, and large tables with chairs. The Sosnoff Lounge is perfect for working on group projects as well.

Leslie ELab

The Leslie ELab is the home of NYU’s entrepreneurs. Seating is usually reserved for those who are working to build their start-up. If you show up earlier in the day, you can score a spot in the basement which has rustic tables with backless seating. The first level has tables with chairs and sofas for back-supported seating. The basement is your best bet whenever there is an event taking place on the first floor. The trendy space and its spirit may serve as inspiration for your paper or your next business idea. 

Images: 1/2/3/4/5

Fareeha is majoring in Economics and Public Policy at CAS and only has two more years to go at NYU! Originally, she’s from Bangladesh, a country known for its breathtaking natural beauty and torrential monsoon rains. But she spent a few years in the hot, humid climate of Dubai and on the coastal city of Jakarta. On Her Campus, she writes what she's passionate about; everything from crazy politics to pop culture.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.