7 Best Stores for Affordable Workout Clothing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

If you love fitness like me, you’re probably more obsessed with workout clothes than any LBD or ripped jeans. I’d be lying if I told you that I only wore my capri leggings to the gym; they’re a go-to bottom when I’m in the mood to wear comfy clothes to class or Bobst (which is basically all the time). Who says you have to spend hundreds of dollars for Lulu’s? Read on for some awesome spots for a new workout wardrobe – without emptying your wallet!

1. Forever 21

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with Forever 21. Next time you’re shopping for their cozy sweaters, make sure to take a look at their activewear for some amazing steals. Their gear ranges from $12.90 to $29.99 on average, and they’re super cute too!

2.  Fabletics

Started by Hollywood icon Kate Hudson, Fabletics has completely revolutionized online shopping for activewear. By subscribing and taking their quiz, your first full outfit is only $25! Yup you read that right – top and bottom for $25! The site offers personalized outfits for you every month, BUT make sure you’re aware of the $49.95 monthly membership fee! If you don’t want a new outfit that month, you can skip a month of outfits.

3. Old Navy

This is probably my favorite of all. Old Navy has never disappointed. Some of their leggings have lasted over two years for me , so definitely count on them for quality! I especially love their matching, color-coordinated sets! Prices range from $14.95 – $39.95, but make sure to check out their sale section! I’ve found tops there for less than $10!

4. Amazon

Feeling lazy to actually go out and shop? Amazon is your answer. It has tons of activewear brands AND their prices are incredible. Leggings for under $10? Don’t mind if I do! Many of their items are also eligible for Amazon Prime – cheap AND quick delivery!

5. H&M

I’m obsessed with H&M sports bras, especially because many of them are only $9.99! Like Forever 21, H&M is also another one-stop shop for all of your wardrobe needs. I’d say that their sportswear is a bit more simple and classic than other brands – you’ll find more neutral tones for leggings rather than bright patterns. Chic, edgy and affordable!

6. Nordstrom Rack

If you’re more into the bigbox retailer scene, Nordstrom Rack should be at the top of your list for activewear. I especially love the variety available – from vibrant patterns to subtle tones. With its prime location in Union Square, it’s a must go-to spot when shopping for anything. You’ll thank me later!

7. GapFit

This is a recent gem that I’ve just discovered now (I know, GapFit isn’t new). Gap is known for its solid quality of clothing, so I know that their tanks and capri leggings are basically new every time I wash them. Prices may be slightly higher than other brands (~$30 and up), but Gap tends to have tons of clearance items, especially on their website. I’m obsessed with their variety of strappy sport-bras. Happy Shopping!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.