This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

It is mid-November, the time right before Thanksgiving Break but also the time right before finals. As the days go by, those assignment deadlines are getting closer and you begin to feel anxious. The essays seem a little harder to start and you are beginning to wonder what is going to be on that Psychology final. You are just trying to make sure those grades are in tip top shape for the end of the semester; I get it. But sometimes in the midst of us being so caught up in school and securing the bag for our futures, we forget to take care of the most important thing: ourselves. 

As college students we get so wrapped up in our work we forget we cannot accomplish anything if we, ourselves, are not all the way there. It is important for us to make sure that we are taking care of our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects in order to keep up with everyday demands. This is extremely important if we want to be the best version of ourselves. 

Self-care does not always have to be a grand gesture. It can be something as small as making sure you eat a good breakfast to get your day started, or even listening to your favorite album to get you up and ready for the day. You could also put a cute outfit together to help boost that self-esteem and feel invincible. Let’s be honest, a girl who looks and feels her best, feels like she can accomplish anything. 

Sometimes you have to figure out what you would consider a “Me Day”. That could be cooking your favorite meal, reading your favorite book, painting your nails, or even binge watching your favorite shows. You may even have to take a day to just turn your cell phone on do not disturb for a couple of hours and get some proper rest. Whatever you decide to do just remember that you come first and in order to give your best version of yourself to the world you have to take care of yourself. 

Just remember to take a deep breath, relax and release!

Iman is a junior Mass Communications major at Norfolk State University from Los Angeles, CA. She has a passion for writing and creating quality content. She enjoys anything that pertains to fashion, music and poetry.