Your University Flatmates as Told by Desperate Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.
  1. The one that you NEVER see

She never comes out of her room, you never see her in the kitchen or at uni. Then at one point in the middle of the second semester you see her in the kitchen drinking milk out of the carton and you have a heart attack!

1. The one that likes to get guys

She’s pretty much just escaped her parent’s house and no there’s NO stopping her. Pretty much no guy is off limits and even if she’s not bringing them back – she’s enjoying the male attention! She thinks she’s IT.

1. The one that misses home too much

Heard on Skype at all hours of the day, heard crying at all hours of the day and has a million family photos, her dog and her best friends tacked up on her wall – as if that’s gonna teleport them to uni or something? You feel sorry for her and you sympathise but there’s no denying that she’s bringing the whole mood down. It seems like no matter how hard you try she’s not gonna let you be her friend. She’d prefer to Skype her old ones.

1. The drunken mess

She’s never been away from home before and she didn’t really party at school. This is the girl who thinks half a bottle of vodka and three glasses of wine will do for pres’ and then ends up admitting too much in Never Have I Ever and throwing up before even getting to the club.

1. The organised freak

Everything she does seems organised. She’s had her first semester organised before you even got to uni. Hell before even getting to sixth form, and sleeping with guys is like an organised activity to her.

1. The gym girl

You possibly want to kill this girl the most. “Come to the gym with me!” she’ll guilt trip before you’ve even unpacked. Every time you see her you’ll pray she doesn’t ask because it makes you feel so guilty to say no. Also that smug look on her face doesn’t help your friendship.

1. The clean one

She’d clean you away if she could. If you leave your stuff to soak – be prepared for a passive aggressive post-it with a smiley face to show no hard feelings!

1. The noisy girl

Loud music at all hours, loud friends at all hours and err loud… guy friends at all hours! This girl doesn’t know the meaning of the word quiet. Her parents are probably crying with relief that she’s gone! It’s probably the first time they’ve slept for 18 years! Now you’ve gotta deal with the club night going on in her  room.

1. The utter bitch

Enough said. You’ll hate this girl. She’s unkind and rude about everyone. You’ll automatically think she has problems and when moving-out day comes she’ll be struck off your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter without hesitation.

1. Your best friend for life.

This girl is your SISTER. No forget sister – more like twin sisters! You guys just clicked! Even if you’re different people you just get each other! She’s your go-to girl and future housemate for the next three years/future godmother of your children!

Edited by Ili Mustafa