Transitioning into Spring with Zara’s Spring/Summer ’17 Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Transitioning into a Spring wardrobe is always a challenge. Despite the fact it is officially classed as Spring now, the weather doesn’t necessarily always agree. Some days there’s glorious sunshine, like earlier this week, when University looked like the pictures on the front of the prospectuses. Yet some days it’s freezing and raining and if you didn’t know any better you would assume we were in the midst of winter.

How then, do you dress for such varying weather whilst incorporating the gorgeous new trends emerging in shops at the moment? I’m going to give you a few tips on exactly how to do it using my top 3 picks from Zara’s Spring/Summer collection which you need in your wardrobe.

1. Floral Embroidered Shirt

This shirt is stunning. The embroidery adds a lovely pop of colour which is a subtle nod to spring and hopefully brighter days. The floral detailing is lovely and perfect for spring.

Also, the material is really crisp and holds its shape really nicely as it is 100% cotton. This shirt would look lovely tucked into some dark wash denim jeans when the days are still a little bit cold and unpredictable. Then it could even be paired with the Uni of Nottingham essential – a puffer jacket, for extra warmth. As the days get warmer this would look lovely paired with little denim shorts or a denim skirt.

2. Contrast striped top

This top is from Zara’s #joinlife campaign which is an innovative idea to create a more sustainable shopping experience as all of the clothing is made from organic cotton, recycled wool and Tencel (so you can justify your purchases as you are practically saving the world by shopping!)

This top is perfect for Spring/Summer, as blue is such a dominant colour this season. I love the stripe detailing and the little bows at the top. It is quite a deep plunging neckline but you could always pin it a little bit higher or wear a little white cami underneath. Paired with shorts this is a really cute Spring/Summer outfit.

I also think this top looks amazing layered over a plain white crew neck t shirt as we transition into Spring. The layering trend has been everywhere this season so it will look trendy. I would say that dark wash denim with blues and whites always looks chic and classic, but it can even be paired with black skinnies or even mom jeans.

3. Striped dress

My Mum always says to me ‘Keep it simple, stupid’ and as much as I hate to admit it, maybe she is right. Sometimes the simpler pieces are the best. This plain striped dress with a little bit of detailing on the hem is so easy to throw on, paired with a leather jacket or a black denim jacket and some trainers or sandals you have an instantly put together look.

This is probably the most difficult outfit to wear on colder days as, personally, I don’t like wearing black tights with white clothing. Another idea is to buy some skin coloured tights to wear with it (that way you don’t even have to shave your legs!) and you have an extra bit of warmth from the tights. I hope you have enjoyed my Zara picks from their collection and hopefully you have found some inspiration for the awkward transition from Winter to Spring.

Edited by: Amy Hawthorne

Sources:

Zara.com

tenor.com