jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Forgetting Your Glasses: 10 Scenarios You Wish You’d Foreseen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Not gifted with the best vision? Leaving home in a rush can result in some scenarios you wished you’d forseen…1. Driving

There’s you, pretending you’re so cool, car keys in your hand and about to start cruising along. You start the car and you drive along the road, only to realise everything is slightly blurry. You frantically fumble around for your glasses that you realise, with the world’s worst sinking sensation, you’ve left at home. Oops.2. 9am lectures

So you’ve snoozed that alarm, just about managed to throw your pens and a sheet of crumpled paper into your bag, missed the bus and ran like Usain Bolt to your lecture.You run in, face averted, sit at the back to escape everyone’s reproachful and inquiring gaze only to curse yourself: of course, you’ve forgotten your glasses. Attempting to follow the lecture’s heavily descriptive Powerpoint is pointless really. Fail.3. Checking someone out

Hey wait! Who is that new guy sitting directly ahead of you? Oh just the creepy guy who keeps stalking you…and who is NOW winking at you.

4. Cinema trips

You’re bunking off your 5pm lecture on a Wednesday to take your date to the screening of the Hunger Games. You’re absolutely psyched to watch the action. Oh wait. You’ve left your glasses in the bathroom. Ohh well…any excuse to stare into their eyes instead of the screen right?…5. Going to grandma’s

You’re both blind as a bat, so attempting to help your Grandma with her chores is proving impossible. Now where is that old-fashioned magnifying glass she kept hidden…6. The first day anywhere

Be it at work, university, town, or your new house – what a worst time than to forget your glasses/contacts! Map in hand, you attempt to navigate around with that false air of sophistication and self-confidence.7. Shopping

Mum has sent you out to buy fruit, veg and chopped tomatoes. You rush around clueless and end up in a likely looking aisle and…pick up a tin of dog food instead. If you realise when you’re at the checkout, you’ve done well.8. First date

Ohh you idiot. You’ve managed to ask out the person of your dreams to dinner. That’s fine right, no pressure, just dinner…nice, easy and relaxed. You’re nervous to hell but you’ve remembered to brush your teeth, and hair, you’re on time and are looking mighty fineee.

Well you think you do, because you’re completely blind as a bat without your glasses/contacts and so completely clueless what you actually look like, let alone how your date does! Wait maybe there’s a chance they’ve forgotten theirs too? *switch on that winning smile…*9. Night out

The club is packed, you’re out with everyone, having a great time, everyone’s happy… but wait, someone in your group has got lost in the crowd and you’re absolutely oblivious… #badfriend

10. Any scenario in which they’re actually on your head

You clutch your head in frustration. What do you find? Oh. They were there all along. YES!Edited by Naomi Upton

Image sources:

http://giphy.com

http://www.hercampus.com/life/11-struggles-every-girl-glasses-will-under… 

Harry Potter Fanatic. What's life without a fresh, steaming coffee, a book to hand, and soaking in the London rain? Nox.
Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy.