Campus Style: Versatile in Vintage

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Rachael Cooney

Year: 3

Course: English Studies

Her Campus loves: From Cow, to the good ol’ charity shops on Victoria high street – there are so many clothes at bargain prices available, and it all goes to great cause, it’s a win-win!

Who knew uni students could look this classy? Rachael’s outfit made me want to chuck out my jogging bottoms and buy a blazer too (but I’d never do that…jogging bottoms are far too comfy). Rachael pays homage to the French with this look. Her vintage blazer with gold buttons is a real stunner, the tweed jacket looks scarily similar to the Chanel piece but without the scary price tag! Pairing the lightweight jacket with a simple cream blouse makes the look perfect for spring. Rachael’s bottom half is super casual: her navy jeans are from Topshop and her trainers are Superga (I own a pair and they are really comfy and make a nice change from Vans and Converse). To finish off her French-inspired look, Rachael adds this lovely vintage oversized bag, the same shade of red as her jacket, the bag compliments the red, white and blue in her outfit perfectly – très chic!

Rachael was a campus celebrity not too long ago, check out her interview here. http://www.hercampus.com/school/nottingham/rachael-cooney-sustainable-fashion-blogger

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.