Campus style SPOTTED: Spring trends – Embroidery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

This week’s spring style is embroidery: a sewn on, colourful flower look. I’ve seen embroidered t-shirts, jumpers and even jackets designed in this fashion. However, I would have to say, that embroidered jeans are by far the most eye-catching. They really stand out from the simple black and blue Topshop jeans.

This week I spotted first year English student, Natasha Hermawan. A day after the horrible winds caused by ‘Storm Dorris’, Nottingham was finally blessed with blue skies and a slightly warmer temperature. This is partially what inspired Tasha to wear her summery orange top and light blue embroidered jeans, as well as the fact that embroidery is becoming super popular! She paired these light-coloured items with a simple, navy, Ralph Lauren hoodie, which made the outfit more comfy and casual (perfect for lectures). Finally, her favourite black heeled, laced, Vagabonds add an extra bit of glam to the outfit, as well as her super cute drop down heart earrings!

Name: Natasha Hermawan

Hall: St Peter’s Court

Year: 1st year

Tasha is wearing…

Top: Urban Outfitters sale

Jeans: Topshop

Boots: Vagabond

Jacket: Ralph Lauren

Earrings: Vintage shop

Bag: Marks and Spencer’s

What inspired your outfit today?

Tasha: I really like the embroidered jeans, and the weather was quite nice today so I didn’t have to wear a big coat.

What piece of clothing / accessory completes your outfit today and why?

Tasha: Probably the jeans.

What piece of clothing / accessory can’t you leave the house without?

Tasha: These boots, I wear them basically every day and night out.

Where is your number one place to buy clothes from?

Tasha: Anywhere with a sale if I’m honest!