Anna Schultz-Delicious Cheeseburger Close Up
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

‘Bohns Best Burgers’: The Willy Wonka’s of the burger world?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Ever wondered what a crowned burger tastes like? That’s right, in the heart of this wonderful city, you can get your hands on a national award-winning burger at Bohns Best Burgers! It comes as no surprise to me that this place has finally got the recognition it deserves. If I’m craving a burger, you best believe I’m heading down to Bohns.

Despite its recognition, it seems when I mention it to many, few know where it actually is. A true hidden gem, beneath Brew Dog lies their intimate casual dining venue. With Fat Hippo being just seconds away you would think they’d have stiff competition, but it seems they are no match. The establishment is always packed with customers itching to get their hands wrapped round one of their juicy burgers. So, let’s talk more about these sensational burgers.

The burgers are all locally sourced organic beef, as well as their buns being sourced from local bakery’s- we love an independent that supports independents! These burgers are seasoned in-house with their very own home-made rubs and spices and then cooked to order, meaning literally EVERYTHING is fresh. For me, I usually opt for the ‘Breast Enhancer’, a chicken burger in a smoky BBQ rub topped with bacon, American cheese, pickled red onions, gherkins, their very own jala-mango sauce, and their house mayo. Is your mouth watering yet? Their famous beef burger, the ‘Rump Rub’, is a double smashed patty topped with jalapenos, American cheese, Bohns chilli mayo, and their jalaopeno and raspberry jam. Don’t let the jam deter you, I swear this jam has literally created a cult following. Apart from the classics, Bohns push the boat out every week to try to invent and impress, with new editions to their specials board. They even had a wagyu beef burger one week *insert mouth-watering emoji here*. Apart from their burgers, they have a variety of veggie and vegan burgers available, loaded fries, and chicken wings to sit alongside your top tier burgers.

So, if you are debating grabbing a burger tonight, you don’t need to think twice about where to go because I’ve just answered for you. It’s Bohns!

Located: Broad Street, Hockley.

Libby Gallacher

Nottingham '23

Hi! My name is Libby and my life is pretty much orientated around food. I'm a 3rd year English student at Uni of Notts. I aim to show you all my favourite spots in Notts for food, drinks, coffee, and more!