Best Happy Hour Deals in Nottingham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As students, we all try to find the best deals out there. Here is the best happy hour deals out there in Nottingham!

ORANGE TREE

8pm-10pm Monday to Thursday and all day Tuesday and Saturday

The casual pub vibes make the Orange Tree perfect for a quiet catch up with friends over a few super cheap cocktails. Grab a sofa and sink into it for their two glorious happy hours. Their extensive menu is full of all the classics with a few intriguing new additions to try, absolutely guilt free due to the low prices.

You can mix up your normal weekend routine as it’s quiz night at the Orange Tree every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Assemble a group of your cleverest friends, grab a 2-4-1 drink and be in with the chance of winning alcohol, or even cash prizes! At just £1 entry, what’s your excuse?

TURTLE BAY

12am-7pm then 10pm-close

Take a trip to the Caribbean with Turtle Bay’s reggae tunes and tropical flavours. Order two of your favourite cocktails, and whether you share one with a friend, or keep them to yourself, you’re in for a treat! If you’re feeling fruity, we’d recommend the ‘One Love’, Turtle Bay’s creamy take on a Pornstar Martini: it’s fruity, refreshing and the £3.50 price tag makes it super sweet.

If you’re feeling peckish order a portion of cheesy jerk fries: sweet potato, cheese and their killer jerk sauce is an unbeatable way to soak up your rum-filled night.

REVOLUTION

5-7pm Monday to Friday OR make it all day everyday with 2-4-1 cocktails with a Revs card (except Saturdays after 9pm)

Do you <3 vodka? Because at Revs they certainly do and they tell you on every available surface! With more cocktails than you can imagine, many of which are on the 2-4-1 deal, the Revolution drinks menu is bound to have you mixing your drinks, and having a few more than you intended. Whether the Cherry Woo Woo topped with cherry laces catches your eye or a classic Gin and Juice is more your style, there will be something for you on their fun filled menu.

If the happy hour times aren’t for you, then at just £4 a Revolution Card is a good investment. This extends happy hour late into the night, or early into the afternoon if that’s more your scene!

PEPPER ROCKS

Every night until 10pm

Tucked away in a Nottingham back street, this bar’s location is as cute as its interior. The small room full of squidgy sofas and fairy lights is ideal for a date night. Their menu is full of classic cocktails; we’d recommend the French Martini but at just £4 before 10pm it would be rude not to indulge in a few more.

DAS KINO

2-4-1 Tuesdays

Tuesday is the perfect day to treat yourself to a cocktail night: you’ve made it through Monday, forgotten about how you over spent at the weekend, and probably don’t have to be in University on Wednesday. Das Kino knows all about this, so every Tuesday the ping pong bar treats us to 2-4-1 cocktails. Get a group of friends together, hire a ping pong table and watch as your swings get increasingly less accurate as you sip at yet another £3.75 cocktail.

If saving on food gets you more excited than a cheap Mojito, then Mondays and Wednesdays are the nights for you. Whether you choose half price pizza on Mondays or unlimited wings on Wednesday, you’re in for a treat. We’d recommend the Billy Madison pizza, we promise you won’t have tried anything like it before!

Edited by Nicole Swain

Sources:

http://vivamanchester.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Turtle-Bay-7-of-1…

https://leeds-list.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cocktails-shots-revolu…

http://www.keytothecity.co.uk/images/nottingham/pepper-rocks-nottingham-…

http://www.das-kino.co.uk/images/imgcontent/col-contact-img-2x.jpg

Jenine Tudtud

Nottingham '17

Jenine is a fourth year American and Canadian Studies student at the University of Nottingham and is hoping to get a career in journalism or publishing. She is currently one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Nottingham! She has just returned from The College of New Jersey after spending the past year studying abroad.