This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Half of people finishing will be crying a sigh of relief at being able to sleep in until past 12 every day, whilst the other half of us will be craving something to do. If you’re the latter, then here’s some tips on how to keep busy this summer…

1. Get a job

First thing to do is update that old (and probably outdated) CV of yours. Add anything you can think of that you have done during your degree. Once this is done, get applying! Applying for jobs feels daunting at first, but can be done both online and physically, by handing your CV in to local retailers.

1. Get out

Holidays are always a summer must, but if money’s tight there’s plenty of other things to book and look forward to. Notting Hill Carnival (27th – 28th August) is free, fun and a great opportunity to drink and dress up!  Also, the hot weather is a perfect opportunity to meet with friends, even if it’s just having a BBQ or going for a bike ride, it’s still something to look forward to.

1. Get active

Now revision period’s over, there is no excuse to avoid exercise. Even if it’s just cycling to a café or taking a quick run in the evening, keeping fit and healthy is crucial, and helps avoid boredom.

1. Get reading

Reading is something most university students do regularly, not for pleasure, but as part of their course requirements. Summer is the perfect time to start reading again for pleasure. Even if it’s just a short read before you go to bed, or whilst relaxing in the sun, reading is a perfect time-killer.

1. Family

Perhaps the best way to avoid boredom this summer is to spend quality time with family members. After almost a full year away from then, don’t let yourself hide away and miss out on any family time.

Edited by: Imogen Hibberd

Sources:

Job Today

The Guardian

Momentum Mag

Save the Student

Literacy Base