The 10 Best Feel-Good Movies for Hangovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

We all know what it feels like to be so hungover that you just feel like scrunching up and dropping into a hole. However, hangovers are just another part of university life whether you like it or not! There are a number of supposed ways to cure a hangover (unless we are talking about the mother of all hangovers where you can’t even move). People like to eat McDonald’s, play ridiculous games, ponder over the previous night(hilarious times AND deep regrets); but nothing beats getting warm, cosy and snuggled up in bed with a good film to drift off to. Here is our list of the top ten feel-good movies that will without a doubt help put that hangover at ease.

#1 – It has to be The Hangover. There is nothing better than reminiscing about ‘the night before’ whilst watching a group of men watching their life crumble in front of them due to drunken stupidity.

#2 – Mean Girls – What a classic! It is the ultimate ‘pick me up’chick flick!

#3 – Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone At this time of year with winter fast approaching, nothing beats watching HP in bed, hungover, with a piping hot brew.

#4 – Alice in Wonderland A Disney classic, and never forgotten! This film takes you back to your childhood, when hangovers didn’t exist and the hardest thing in life was picking which colouring pencil you wanted to use.

#5 – Juno Chilled out and an easy watch, what more could you want on your hangover duvet day?!

#6 – Toy Story – Another ‘re-live your childhood’ kind of film, but come on, who wouldn’t want to?

#7 – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – This is pure 80’s cheese, a love story AND it has Charlie Sheen in it. No one could ask for more.

#8 – Eurotrip – This film will crack you up and will take your mind off that awful hangover.

#9 – Pretty Woman Everybody likes a bit of Richard Gere! This classic should be in anyone’s top 10, whatever the mood.

#10 – 27 Dresses – It isn’t possible to not like this film!

So there you have it, the top 10 essential feel good films to watch when you are hungover. Have your junk food at the ready, paracetamol by your side and your water bottle under your duvet. Get tucked up… and enjoy the film!

Anna is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham. She studies American Studies and completed a year abroad at the University of Illinois, USA in 2011/12 where she found her passion for Her Campus by working for Her Campus Illinois as a news editorial intern. After graduating, Anna wishes to pursue her dream of moving to London (or even the US eventually!) and working in something creative and fast-paced, whether it be editing, fashion journalism, PR or publishing. Hobbies (/obsessions) include fashion, shopping, traveling, music and, most importantly, food.