kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

YouTube Spotlight: Beauty Gurus Kalyn & Kathleen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

It’s no secret that beauty vlogging is the fastest growing category on YouTube. However, with this rapid influx of individuals claiming to be the best and brightest when it comes to all things beauty, it’s incredibly difficult to set yourself apart from the crowd. These beauty gurus are unique in look and personality, connecting with their viewers on a much greater level than many others. Kalyn Nicholson and Kathleen Fuentes are two fun and talented women, whose creativity and authenticity will always keep you coming back for more.

Kalyn Nicholson

Kalyn Nicholson is a Canadian fashion and beauty vlogger that is unique in her focus on the entire person. She makes her videos to improve and inspire, starting each individual video with a quote that hopes to bring you peace, happiness, or inspiration as you continue on with your day.  Kalyn’s chill and joyful personality brings peace and serenity to those watching her videos, and also gives off the impression that she would be the perfect best friend. Her vegan and fitness-centered lifestyle allow Kalyn to offer her subscribers an additional service, as she gives unique health and fitness advice every #FitnessFriday. It is easy to see that Kalyn is passionate about life and her work and does her best to make one mirror the other. She has successfully made her hobbies of beauty and fashion into a profession, all the while maintaining a sense of excitement for all that she does. If you have yet to check out her videos, I would highly recommend giving them a try. You’ll go for the beauty advice, but Kalyn is what will keep you coming back.  

Click here to check out Kalyn’s blog! 

Kathleen Fuentes 

This Miami based beauty guru is one of my absolute favorite Youtubers due to the fact that she is just so completely real. Kathleen’s authenticity and talent for makeup are what make her so fun to watch. She is not afraid of bold or dramatic looks and achieves them with precision, but also is unique in her often natural appearance. Kathleen often cites the fact that it isn’t uncommon for her to go completely without makeup. That being said, this is possible because Kathleen is completely FLAWLESS – her skin is flawless, her hair is flawless, and, additionally, her personality is flawless. She is an absolutely beautiful individual and completely deserves all the success she has had over the years. Recently, Kathleen has partnered with OFRA cosmetics to create her own liquid lipstick in the color Miami Fever. So, if you are looking for a bold lipstick, or just a fun time check out KathleenLights. 

Click here to buy Miami Fever! 

Use Coupon Code: Kathleen40 TO GET 40% OFF 

Kalyn and Kathleen have unique ideas of what it means to be a beauty guru. Kalyn’s focus is on the meaning and happiness that she can bring to the world through her videos. Fashion and makeup act as outlets for her to achieve her greatest goal – to help others love themselves. Still, she emphasizes the entire spectrum of beauty, constantly citing the importance of inner peace and beauty as well. Kathleen communicates the fun and entertainment that makeup has to offer. It is clear that she loves her job and finds enjoyment in teaching others about her passion. Kathleen advocates the idea that makeup is for the individual and can enhance your life in whatever way you want it to. 

So, if you’re looking for the latest fall makeup trends, some meaningful beauty, or just a little late night entertainment, check out these channels! 

Kalyn Nicholson: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kalynxo13

Kathleen Fuentes: https://www.youtube.com/user/KathleenLights

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images 1, 2, 3, 4  

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.