This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Let me introduce you to the best video of the week: Soy Yo.

True this is a rather large claim and one that should be given with caution, considering the hours upon hours that exist on the Internet of adorable puppies, kittens, engagements, and military homecoming videos. This video stands aside from all other videos in its sheer embrace of the awesomeness that exists in being 100% yourself. I love people that are just unapologetically themselves, and I wish I was more like them. I wish I didn’t wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and hear the worst things that could be said about my outfit and just pick the one where the least bad could be said. I wish I could rock those big glasses and perfect curly hair poof that is my natural hair which may or may not be a hipster trend at present. This video gave me hope though. Also, it is just hilarious. True, the song’s lyrics are in Spanish and a certain part of the video is lost on my less-than-fluent ears, but the video is still an undebatable good time. In it, a preteen Hispanic girl armed with a recorder, Ring Pop, and enthusiastic dance moves is just the queen of sass. Going throughout her neighborhood and not being afraid to try anything that she sees, her refusal to be intimidated is honestly heartwarming.Also, it features the sassiest crocs you’ve ever seen. I honestly can’t say enough about this video. I love it as much as I love Meagan Trainor’s “If I Were You”. Even though I do not completely understand the exact meaning of the words (I’m sorry, I know I need to work on my Spanish), the video inspires me anew to be myself. Even if that means that, yeah, I am that uncool girl that wears a braid and granny glasses, that is cool merely by saying so. Remember the rules in life are similar to dancing at a club (advice stolen from my sisters): it’s 90% confidence and 10% skill.

Enjoy!

Images: 1, 2, 3

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Down in El Paso there lived a little girl who dreamed of the snow. She got to ND and now dreams of the sun.