This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Midterms have fallen upon us, and until spring break arrives, they won’t go away. In the midst of studying, reading, writing, and all other preparations for this phase of college existence, let us refocus on more positive thoughts. We already know these things, but it’s nice to be reminded of them amidst the midterm mayhem.

The weather is beautiful!

60 degrees and loving it!

Guys- it’s springtime weather! In February! In South Bend! That’s amazing! As you can see, I am doing homework on a very sunny North Quad, where it was so bright out that my sunglasses weren’t just a fashion statement! The beautiful weather makes midterm prep way less miserable! If not working outside, you can blow off steam with college quad frisbee and other sports, or simply chillax in the warm sunny rays that are so foreign to Notre Dame this time of year.

Beyonce is pregnant!

I don’t follow celebrity news heavily, but how exciting and wonderful for her! Pregnancy is a goddamn miracle worthy of joyous celebration! Two new members of the human family are on their way, and midterms won’t stop that! Congrats Beyonce!

Spring Break is only three weeks away!

Spring Break is nearly around the Bend (pun shamelessly intended)- this means our midterm struggles won’t be for much longer! Plus, the current weather is just a hopeful glimpse into the gorgeous climate of spring break getaways! Even if you’re staying behind or going home for spring break, there will be no more midterms!

The world is not ending! You are alive, and that is awesome!

Midterms are just pieces of paper; they will not determine the entire course of your future, and they are not part of the final apocalypse. You are still alive!!! You are breathing, thinking, doing and achieving great things! To live at all is an amazing gift- carpe diem!!!

YOU ARE ENOUGH!

Grades are just numbers; they do not define your self-worth. You are special, important, loved, and just brilliant exactly how you are, and you are capable of achieving anything you want! Want to ace that exam? You got this! Don’t ace that exam? You are no less fabulous for having tried your best!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (2 provided by author)

Katie Surine

Notre Dame

Katie is a senior (where did the time go???!!!) living in Lewis Hall. From Baltimore, MD, Katie is pursuing a double major in Vocal Music and Anthropology. Besides writing for HCND, she sings with Opera Notre Dame, choral groups, and she is a pianist for Lewis Hall weekly Mass and Lucenarium, or "Luce" for short. Other interests include baking, reading, traveling, composing, and all things Italian.