Meet Sorin’s Greatest: Greg Lupica ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.
If you don’t already know him from his strong instagram game or you have yet to receive one of his highly sought after snapchats, then meet Greg Lupica (he’ll be pleased I’m even throwing in his instagram name for you all to check him out: gregopotamus)!

Name: Greg Lupica
Year: Sophomore
Dorm: Sorin
Major(s): Science-Business
Hometown: La Cañada Flintridge, California
Relationship Status: Single

What activities are you involved in on campus?: Varsity Cheer Team, Interhall Basketball (if you’re trying to get dunked on), Notre Dame Christian Athletes

Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they?: Gregopotamus, Lil’ Loops, Greggy, Gerg, G-Money, Baby G, Lupica, Fruit Loops

What do you like most about living in Sorin?: The community of Sorin is amazing. We are all brought even closer together by the dismal squalor of the dorm.

Who is your roommate?: Jubril Dawodu from Houston, Texas and Max Forman from Gloucester, UK.  We might have more diversity in our dorm room than in the school. Lol jk. But, really…

What’s on your Notre Dame bucket list?: I wanted to smoke a cigar with Fr. Ted, but I missed my chance. I’ve heard he was an amazing guy and a complete champ. Not planning on taking the trip around the lakes and kissing underneath Lyons Arch anytime soon…

You were recently a hot-topic in an interview with Jeremy Trevvett (link here:http://www.hercampus.com/school/notre-dame/bring-it-jeremy-trevvett-18), where you were said to be a lot of people’s man-crush. How does this make you feel?: Hahaha I was thoroughly surprised to find this out, I didn’t know it was a thing? Otherwise, I was completely flattered. S/O to my Stanford homies. 

What do you enjoy most about Cheering for Notre Dame?: Lifting in the Gug, messing around with the cheer team on the field, and definitely the people on the team.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate the South Bend perma-gray?: 169 How the hell do you live out here, Meghan? It’s grayer than a colorblind person’s world @petergregory I feel like I’m in an Alfred Hitchcock movie or Kansas in the Wizard of Oz–or Kansas in general.

Would you say you’re a big fan of making GAINZ? It is GAINZ season, after all: Is this a question? But, I’m small. #muscledysmorphia

Hashtag yourself: #sickysickygnargnar

Celebrity Crush: Jessica Alba and Mila Kunis hmu

You’re pretty well-known for your Snapchat and Instagram game, so pick one. Snapchat or Instagram?: It’s sad that this is one of the harder questions… Snapchat just because I actually like talking to people and it’s close to face-to-face.
Feelings on the lighting in Jordan Hall for taking snapchats: Haha you know that that lighting is possibly the worst lighting known to man. Pretty soon I’ll be standing on the tables looking like I’m trying to get cell reception just to have a decent snap.

Favorite TV Show?: SpongeBob. No doubt.

Favorite Movie?: The Dark Knight

Favorite Quote of all-time?: “Don’t be afraid of death. Be afraid of a life unlived.”
Make sure you look for Greg on the sidelines of sporting events or walking across campus in his obnoxiously bright colored Chubbies (Cali boys… Am I right?)!

Images provided by interviewee
Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love! 

I am a resident in the hottest dorm on campus, Pasquerilla East Hall—Go Pyros! Ironically, attending Notre Dame has put me closer to home than I ever was while in high-school or even grade-school—the distance it takes to get to ND from my house is shorter than the distances of any of my previous academic locations (talk about "going off" for college, huh?) Yes, this does mean I'm a townie, but I wear the title with the utmost pride. Currently, I am enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters; I am on the pre-med track in the hopes of eventually becoming a doctor. Indeed, ladies, I do intend to meet my own Dr. McDreamy someday (Grey's Anatomy fans anyone?!) I'm an avid coffee drinker, I'm definitely a health and fitness enthusiast, and my friends all call me either "Megs" or "Hanz" (take your pick). Go Irish!