Meet Dillon’s Dandiest: Gregory Corning ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

He’s the guy who sent the answers to these interview questions in an email with subject line, “Why Isn’t There A His Campus?”— everyone, meet Gregory Corning. 

Name: Gregory Corning

Major: Marketing and Spanish

Dorm: Dillon Hall

Graduation Year: 2018

Nickname(s): Greg, The Corn King

Relationship Status: What’s a relationship? 

On Notre Dame…

Why did you choose to come to Notre Dame?

I honestly don’t know. For me it came down to a few different schools and there was something about ND that just felt right. I went with it and have never regretted my decision. 

What clubs and/or activities are you involved in on campus?

I am a member of the Notre Dame Glee Club and I work as a tour guide for the Eck Center. I also volunteer for the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in South Bend and plan on joining Best Buddies this fall. I’ve worked at a special needs summer camp for the past four years and I want to continue that work through Best Buddies. 

Favorite thing about Notre Dame?

Everyone is so friendly! I feel like most people go out of their way to be nice, which I love. 

Top 3 things you hope to accomplish before graduating from Notre Dame (both academic and nonacademic)?

I want to climb Stepan (I know I’m a cliché…), I want to run the Holy Half and I want to be in the Notre Dame Opera. 

North or South Dining Hall?

South unless it’s burrito night at North. 

On dorm life…

Who is your roommate for this year?

His name is Kevin Warten. He’s a pretty cool dude. 

Tell us the best part about living in Dillon?

This is going to be my first year living in Dillon because I (gasp!) was one of the few to actually switch dorms, so I’m not sure. But milkshake mass is a classic. 

What is your favorite female dorm to visit?

It’s a tie between McGlinn and BP. Don’t make me choose between my Babes and my Shamrocks.

On academics…

Why did you choose the major that you did?

I just switched to be a Marketing major from Science-Business because I discovered I liked the business part of Science-Business, not really the science part. 

What has been your favorite class so far at Notre Dame?

It would have to be Approaches to Hispanic Culture through Writing with Tatiana Botero. If you ever want to take a Spanish class take one with her. She’s amazing. 

Miscellaneous…

Do you have plans to study abroad? Where?

I hope to study abroad in either Puebla or in Toledo so I can become fluent in Spanish. 

Where is the best placed you’ve ever traveled?

I loved San Francisco. 

What is your favorite TV Show?

Scandal. 

What is your favorite Song (of all time)?

“Islands” by Sara Bareilles. 

What is your favorite Movie?

Mrs. Doubtfire

If you could invite any three people, past or present, to your next birthday party, who would they be?

Tina Fey for levity, Oprah in hopes for a great present, and Sia so I can find out what’s under that wig. 

On love…

Who is your celebrity crush?

Emma Stone. Funny and beautiful aka the perfect combination. 

Can you describe your ideal date?

It would have to be on the beach. We would just sit there on a blanket eating take-out and looking at the waves while the sun sets. It all seems so majestic in my mind. I feel like majestic is a good goal. 

Make sure you say hi to Greg if you see him around campus—he’s a great guy who will definitely put a smile on your face!

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.comor Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

All images provided by interviewee

I am a resident in the hottest dorm on campus, Pasquerilla East Hall—Go Pyros! Ironically, attending Notre Dame has put me closer to home than I ever was while in high-school or even grade-school—the distance it takes to get to ND from my house is shorter than the distances of any of my previous academic locations (talk about "going off" for college, huh?) Yes, this does mean I'm a townie, but I wear the title with the utmost pride. Currently, I am enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters; I am on the pre-med track in the hopes of eventually becoming a doctor. Indeed, ladies, I do intend to meet my own Dr. McDreamy someday (Grey's Anatomy fans anyone?!) I'm an avid coffee drinker, I'm definitely a health and fitness enthusiast, and my friends all call me either "Megs" or "Hanz" (take your pick). Go Irish!