stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make It Rein (Juicery)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Rein Juicery: Your Local Fresh Fruit and Veggie Fix

Ah, dining hall canned fruit. While we try to convince ourselves, for the several months that we are on campus, that the genetically modified, mass-produced bananas and syrupy, tropical fruit combo will be sufficient, there’s no denying the artificiality of the whole gig. I mean come on, we only settle for that stuff because we have no other choice… or do we?

If you’re anything like me and you spend more time than you should thinking about how great it would be to have access to raw, fresh, and local fruits (even vegetables)… then listen up, because I have some pretty revolutionary news for you.

REIN Juicery is a beverage shop, unique to South Bend, which sells 100% raw and organic juices (including juice cleanses) as well as smoothies. REIN opened in 2014 in the hopes of helping people focus on their health; three brothers (Scott, Todd, and Nick Anglemeyer) grew up in a small town, without many healthful food options, and so they aspired to provide nutritious products to the community to make up for the lack of such choices.

What’s so great about REIN you ask? This family-oriented business offers juices that are cold-pressed, which means that zero heat is applied to the fruits and veggies that are used to make the juice; the cold-press process helps to keep all the nutrients in the juice, whereas heat would rid of a lot of those vitamins. Their juices are never processed or preserved in anyway—the ingredients are extremely fresh and therefore, do not have a shelf life longer than three days. Additionally, their ingredients are locally grown and certified organic.

They have a pretty awesome menu, which you can look further into via the following link:

http://www.reinjuice.com/pages/store-menu

Their store location is conveniently close to campus, actually—REIN Juicery is located at 2036 South Bend Ave, directly next door to Main Street Pub.

So when you’re in the mood for some actual fruit and vegetables, be sure to hit up REIN. Speaking from personal experience, their staff is unbelievably friendly and their smoothies taste amazing—they won’t disappoint you! Plus, it’s always great to support local business!

If you don’t have off-campus access, be sure to check out their juices now being sold in The Huddle.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 provided by author

I am a resident in the hottest dorm on campus, Pasquerilla East Hall—Go Pyros! Ironically, attending Notre Dame has put me closer to home than I ever was while in high-school or even grade-school—the distance it takes to get to ND from my house is shorter than the distances of any of my previous academic locations (talk about "going off" for college, huh?) Yes, this does mean I'm a townie, but I wear the title with the utmost pride. Currently, I am enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters; I am on the pre-med track in the hopes of eventually becoming a doctor. Indeed, ladies, I do intend to meet my own Dr. McDreamy someday (Grey's Anatomy fans anyone?!) I'm an avid coffee drinker, I'm definitely a health and fitness enthusiast, and my friends all call me either "Megs" or "Hanz" (take your pick). Go Irish!