Feelin’ Fly this Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With finals week looming over us, it’s hard to find time to relax. Our days consist of coffee, long hours staring at screens and poring over textbooks, and quick trips out of the dorm for food. Nothing else matters. And while this is a pretty effective routine, it leaves one looking and feeling exhausted. Luckily for us, we received our winter survival kit just in time for finals, and we are feeling #blessed for this box of self-care goodness. Read on for tips on how to feel fly af during the worst week of the semester.

Sip some Yogi Tea, revel in your newfound tranquility

We are loving this stuff. Writer Madelyn says “let me tell you, it got me through some sickness!!! It’s so calming and it also boosted my energy.” Margaret (pictured below) agrees: “Nothing gives you a boost of energy like seven consecutive shots of espresso, but I needed to give my heart a break and turned to this tea instead. The orange flavor and citrus taste definitely woke me up and gave me happy memories of warmer times when I wasn’t stuck in the library writing a ten-page philo paper.”

At least now the only bags I’m carrying around this weekend aren’t just the ones under my eyes

Start Reading the Book of the Month

Let’s be real, no one has time for leisure reading this week, but that doesn’t mean I’m not doing it! The Book of the Month Club hooked us up with coupons and a free book, and just in case that wasn’t enough, they tossed in a hella cool tote bag that makes me feel like I’m part of some secret society or something.

Throw on a Leaders 7 Wonders Sheet Mask and boot up Netflix

These. Are. Amazing. Face masks have been gaining in popularity lately, and we were so excited when we found these deluxe coconut gel sheet masks in our survival kit. What even is coconut gel? Who cares, this stuff works. I tried the Kalahari Melon moisturizing mask, and once the serum absorbed into my skin, my face felt like it did before acne and flakiness moved in- so smooth. Added bonus: the instructions say to leave the mask on for 20-25 minutes, giving you ~exactly~ enough time for an uplifting and hilarious episode of Parks and Recreation.

Apply some Rimmel London Cosmetics, proceed to take selfies

Writer Julia (pictured above), swears by Rimmel’s Provacalips. “I had to apply all my makeup for a concert at 9 pm before classes, and this made it through the day completely intact!” Nadia (pictured below) also loves the vibrancy of the colors. Finals week may kick our asses, but at least we look good.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If finals have got you down, take a break and treat yo self. And remember, no matter how bad things seem now, Christmas is less than two weeks away!

Happy Holidays, HCNDXO!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1-7 (provided by HCND writers), 8

Editor-in-Chief of HCND from 2016-2018.