This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

http://8tracks.com/jumpindeep/fall-break-has-come

Fall break is a second-best sort of relief. It’s only a week. Your entire person is too spent after midterms to do anything fruitful, and it rarely coincides with other universities’ vacation time. It’s a mid-semester limbo—unless you’re traveling, in which case, you are one lucky bird. But hey—at home, you’ve got a solid string of days to do you, to act like a twenty-year-old testing out the retired life—how shall I pass my time today? Shall I leave the house? And most importantly, what will I eat?

My plans include tackling a sizeable recreational reading list and *perhaps* beginning a research paper. I know my mother felt a twinge of guilt that I was staying on campus over break (now is when I begin to miss my mom’s sacred weekend omelets). As a result, she sent me my beloved rollerblades so I could “chill over fall break and beyond.” Her words, not mine.  

To that end, enjoy this kinda-indie playlist of a dozen new(er) songs for the trip to/from home, for this short week of tranquility, and beyond. 

Photos 1, 2

Sharon Rose

Notre Dame '14

.
Katie Fusco

Notre Dame

A senior English and American Studies double major at the University of Notre Dame, Katie is passionate about media, education, and public history.