Campus Celebrity: Bridget Bruns ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

You may have seen her blowing past you in the Holy Half Marathon this past weekend (#1 women’s time!), or lapping the lakes during the dead of winter. Bridget Bruns is the unnamed celebrity you never knew you wanted to be your best friend. When this angel isn’t running 10 miles a day and leaving love notes on her section mates’ doors, she’s usually sleeping or eating tofu in the dining hall. It’s an honor to introduce my soulmate and inspiration in life, Bridget Bruns.

“Can I be a Campus Cutie, so that I can hold a Cutie clementine? No, sorry Bridget!

Year: Sophomore

Dorm: Lewis

Major: Environmental Science

Hometown: Batesville, IN a.k.a. #1 casket provider in the world!

Status: In a relationship

Run, Bridget, Run!

So, you ran the Holy Half this week, how did that experience compare to your past half marathons?

It was really fun. I felt good and strong and healthy. My parents drove up to see me. It was cool to run through campus and see all the places I knew.

Why do you run?

(After 5 minutes) I could write a whole book: how free I feel when I’m running, like I can do anything. My soul is free. I never feel more alive than the moments just following a run. It teaches me to live in the moment and be free.

What’s the most you’ve run in one day, just for fun?

16 miles.

What’s you’re pre-run/post-run routine like?

I do dynamic stretching before and I super cheerfully drink my entire Nalgene bottle after and then stretch!

Who/what is your running inspiration?

My dad, he got me into running.

Hangin’ with the guys.

Bridget Bruns: The Science Gal

What’s your favorite part about Environmental Science?

Studying something that is not only beautiful and interesting but it is something that connects the world and vital to the earth! Keep up the recycling guys!

What do you think you’ll end up doing with your major?

I’m not sure. Either save the world or become a teacher someday.

Why should we care about the earth?

Because it gives us everything. It is life.

What professor would you recommend for a great time?

Any professor that teaches organic chemistry.

What has been you’re favorite non-major class you’ve taken here?

My literature class with John Sitter or philosophy with Sean Kelsey.

Cinnamon Bruns

What’s the #1 must-bake item on your Pinterest board right now?

Anything that’s a muffin or has peanut butter in it! I just made oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip muffins last month!

What’s you’re favorite baked good?

I love a good piece of my mom’s homemade blackberry pie.

If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

Carbs so I can run forever. Spaghetti, with lots of veggies on top.

You’re 500 pounds, what is the food that got you to that weight?

My addiction to crunchy peanut butter. Or nuts. I love nuts.

Sweet or Savory?

Sweet!

Hot or cold?

It depends on the temperature outside.

What’s your spirit food?

Watermelon.

Favorite fruit?

Watermelon.

Campus Celebrities, they’re just like us!

What’s your favorite place to hike and when will you be taking Katrina on her next hike?

Anywhere on the Appalachian Trails or the Smokey Mountains. Right now, let’s go.

Favorite place in South Bend?

Hilltop Restaurant (in Lakeville)

What’s the most played song on Spotify right now?

Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac, thanks to your recommendation.

What’s your personal style?

Comfy, earthy

What’s your life motto?

“Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances”-I got that off a fortune cookie.

What’s your favorite joke?

A mushroom walks into a party and everybody tells him to leave and go away…

And he says, “guys, why can’t I stay, I’m a fun-gi”

Thanks BB!

XOXO, HCND

For more campus news and entertainment, like HCND on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Kat L

Notre Dame

Katrina Linden is an American Studies and Latino Studies Double Major. When she's not drinking coffee or sleeping, she's running HCND with her co-CC, assissting the director of Undergraduate Studies at the Institute for Latino Studies, or pretending to work at NDH. Message her at katrinalinden@hercampus.com if you're interested in writing for HCND.