This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Guys! I have to use this article to rave about one of South Bend’s hidden gems: Beyond Zen Studio. After starting pilates this summer, my instructor wanted me to have a highly-rated studio to go to when I went back to school, so she did her research and said that Beyond Zen would probably be my best option. And she was right! I’ve been attending pilates classes twice a week since the end of August, and I absolutely love it. I’m constantly raving about this place to my friends, but I still have yet to meet another Notre Dame student who has visited it. Even my Uber driver had no idea what it was. So, I thought I would write this article to try and convince everyone to check it out!

The studio is incredibly welcoming and relaxing from the moment you walk in. This semester, it has been so nice to be able to go off campus just a few times a week to set foot in this calm, relaxing atmosphere. While there, I can completely forget about all of the stress that comes with school for a few hours and just focus on getting a good workout. Also, not for nothing, but I’ve surprisingly never seen another Notre Dame student there this whole semester. Although I think that everyone should check it out, I’ve actually loved that aspect of it—being able to attend a workout class where I can be totally alone and just forget about being a student at all. 

Additionally, although I only go to pilates classes here, the studio has so much more to offer! They provide a variety of yoga classes such as hot yoga and aerial yoga, massage, acupuncture and private or duet sessions for pilates and yoga. You can book classes on their easy-to-use app or website. Their classes are also pretty well-priced and they offer a bunch of discounts, including student pricing. Classes here are way cheaper than any class I took at the studio I attend at home. 

Lastly, I thought I’d offer more insight on the pilates offered at Beyond Zen, since I’ve only taken pilates classes there this semester. The classes are small, fitting a maximum of five students. I’ve taken a few of my siblings and friends with little pilates experience and they all found it really easy to adjust to. The instructors are all so sweet and extremely knowledgeable. If you decide to take a class, I would definitely recommend one with the instructor Kate Mainieri! 

I absolutely love Beyond Zen and I think it’s such a valuable resource while attending school here! If you’re looking for a good stress-reliever or break from finals studying over these last few days of school, I would highly recommend giving this place a try. 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Photos 1, 2

Quinn Butler

Notre Dame '21

Hi guys! My name is Quinn and I’m a sophomore at Notre Dame majoring in Film with a minor in Digital Marketing. I’m from Rye, NY but I’m a current resident of Ryan Hall. I’m new to Her Campus and am so excited to share my thoughts and stories with you all!